PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Servant King

Lifer
Nov 27, 2020
Frazier Park, CA
www.thechembow.com
Usually, a break in the snow means my ass is out shoveling the deck clear. Fortunately, the sun most graciously made quick work of it in my stead, and I was left with one brief opportunity to squeeze in one last puffing before the next storm moves in. One of those perfect late afternoon smokes where you watch the sun descend behind the mountains, and it then becomes a race to get inside before hypothermia sets in.

Well, I'm proud to say that I finally did it. I finally tried a proper English blend! Like most other beginners, I started with aros, and moved cautiously into straight VAs, then burleys, then VaPers. So there I was, with only one way to go from there. Out of the jar (I bought an ex-smoker's collection last year), this one smells pretty nice for a blend that advertises itself as being Latakia heavy. Did not need any drying time. Took a light very well, and kept an ember quite well all the way down (two relights). Got a predominantly woody note from start to finish, and I never felt the Latakia was overwhelming for a second. VERY smooth, enjoyable smoke. I detected a very faint taste of what could be almost like cinnamon early on, but that faded away and it just became a very smooth, earthy experience. Perfect for a blustery afternoon. Left very little moisture in my Peterson Dublin 221.

I highly recommend this for you other noobs who have explored the blend varieties cautiously. This is a great English blend to get your feet wet, in my opinion. 8 out of 10.

Status
Not open for further replies.