PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Skippy B. Coyote

Can't Leave
Jun 19, 2023
St. Paul, MN
My birthday isn't until February so I've got a bit of time between now and then, but I think all I'd really like at this point for a special present to myself is a small sample of Stonehaven. Just half an ounce or an ounce to give it a try, if I can find someone willing to part with a little. Other than that there's not much I really have a burning desire to get, though it may be a rather difficult present to come by so I may have to settle for something a little less extravagant. 😅

Reactions: JOHN72 and jpmcwjr

RookieGuy80

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 6, 2023
Maryland, United States
I always ask for nothing. I'm a grown man with a job and credit card. If I want something I'll get it. I also ask for nothing because I'm at the point in my hobbies to know exactly what my needs and wants are, and they're usually very specific. I've learned over the years from friends and family that the more specific a thing in looking for, the more unfair it is to ask those outside my hobby to appreciate the differences. So often it's easier to ask for gift cards or to send Mrs Rookie links to the websites where I have logins and I've put stuff in carts.

That said, tobacco is almost always fun. Who doesn't love getting fresh tins? Either an old favorite or something new to try.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
I'm a hat man too, what style(s) do you enjoy?
Was wearing a paper fedora over the summer.
Now I've got my first flat cap in leather...
Outback/western styles, plantation, gambler, and coachman styles. Preferably in leather but a well done felt isn't out of the question.

Reactions: PaulRVA and FLDRD

Searock Fan

Lifer
Oct 22, 2021
Southern U.S.A.
Despite knowing that I hate going to social stuff. not crazy about live music, and hate driving in large cities... my wife has been giving me gifts that seem to involve all of these lately, ha ha.
A long time ago I asked my wife not to buy me gifts. Usually gifts end up being something you don't need, don't want and don't like. I made a point that this apples to pipes in particular. It's worked fine for a lot of years. puffy

Sobrbiker

Lifer
Jan 7, 2023
Casa Grande, AZ
I got myself my only retail pipe so far for Father’s Day, a Pete Short Army 102, and dorky birthday I spent almost a whole $20 (with shipping) on ebay for another Kaywoodie FlameGrain Meerschaum.

Actually, it’s just coincidental the purchases were near the occasions-I buy stuff when I want😉

Reactions: PaulRVA and JOHN72

kcghost

Lifer
May 6, 2011
Olathe, Kansas
Mi birthday is in early February but still it is ways off. I don't need much in the way of pipe tobacco as I have enough cellared to see me until the end. and a pipe would be somewhat silly. I guess I will be content with whatever the wife decides to buy.

Reactions: PaulRVA and JOHN72

RookieGuy80

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 6, 2023
Maryland, United States
It's not my birthday. But I recently purchased some ink.
Pelikan 4001 Violet
Diamine Sapphire Blue
Diamine Writers Blood.

It will keep me happy and quiet for months.View attachment 260749
My daughter has started using a fountain pen. She uses it for taking notes for school, different colors mean different things. She asked for a few bottles of ink. It's been a lot of fun being sent down this rabbit hole with a list.

Reactions: JOHN72 and PaulRVA