PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

thomc80

Can't Leave
Jun 15, 2010
Heres some pictures of my present from my dad for my birthday.
Calabash024.jpg

Calabash023.jpg

Calabash021.jpg

Calabash020.jpg

romeowood

Lifer
Jan 1, 2011
The Interwebs
She's a beauty Thom! Thank the old man from all 10 million (give or take) members of the forum!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

expatpipe

Can't Leave
Dec 31, 2010
What a nice present, Would love to own a Calabash someday myself. Be sure and tell how your new pipe smokes!

thomc80

Can't Leave
Jun 15, 2010
Well it smokes great. Im totally loving it. Smokes really cool and its an easy clencher. Even came with a custom fit case for it.

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
Very nice indeed. My Dad used to give me a hardy handshake and boot in the butt. His way of saying "I love you, now go home". He's 85 now so I'm down to the hardy handshake.

classicgeek

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 8, 2010
Very nice, thom! I also am interested to learn what the care and feeding are for a calabash.
Simon

mlaug

Part of the Furniture Now
May 23, 2010
Iowa
That is a fantastic looking calabash Thom.
Treat the bowl just like any other meer...keep the cake to the lowest minimum you can. The bowl can be waxed, which will keep it easier to clean and help with the coloring.
Keep the cork gasket lubed once in a blue moon. Otherwise, these are fairly carefree pipes.
Great smokers and largely not talked about. They will tame the bite of the worst tobaccos and smoke just about anything.
You'll think of your Dad everytime you look at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.