PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
A birthday pipe might be something you never considered owning, maybe on a smaller budget in case you don't love it, but still a leap of faith for a new direction in life. Like if you've never had an Oom-Paul, a churchwarden, a Meerschaum, a morta, a bamboo shank, etc. I like the foursquare idea, if you don't own one of those. Or maybe this is more for a 35th or 45th birthday.

Reactions: jewman22 and JOHN72

jewman22

Lifer
Apr 2, 2021
Ontario Canada
Iv'e been searching every pipe seller sites I could over the last few weeks, and last night something really caught my eye. Also at a considerably lower price than I was willing to go. I had never seen one of his pipes that caught my gaze like this before.
Looking forward to it's arrival.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Iv'e been searching every pipe seller sites I could over the last few weeks, and last night something really caught my eye. Also at a considerably lower price than I was willing to go. I had never seen one of his pipes that caught my gaze like this before.
Looking forward to it's arrival.
You know we're going to ask for pictures.

jewman22

Lifer
Apr 2, 2021
Ontario Canada
If it's international, I hope it doesn't get hung up in customs. I had to wait three weeks to get a Yanik released.
It seems to be really hit and miss lately, I ordered a Volkan from Italy on Halloween that has yet to arrive, but I ordered 2 Falcons same day from the UK and they came in in 5 days.

Most shipping problems we run into are Canada Post related, items take a few days to get from point of origin to customs, through customs in a couple more days, then 2 to 3 weeks for CP to get off their asses and do their job.

Reactions: Chasing Embers

jewman22

Lifer
Apr 2, 2021
Ontario Canada
Update time.
It's here, took 9 days since ordering to arrive from Ireland. Pipe was ordered from SP.eu
Now it's time for a guessing game before I post some picks, but first I will grant you 3 hints.
- I'm Danish
- I'm Large
- I Cost under 150 Euros
What am I?
Give me your best guess.

jewman22

Lifer
Apr 2, 2021
Ontario Canada
Easy, Neerup.
OK I made it too easy for you.
Classic1.jpg
ClassicLeft.jpgClassicRight.jpgClassicStem.jpg

Yeah, as soon as I seen it, I knew that was the choice for me. It is most certainly a Neerup Classic GR4.
And this is still by some margin, the most Iv'e spent on a single pipe.
I Was gonna wait until my birthday, but I cant just let this sit.
Thank you all for the suggestions, they will be remembered for my next bigger purchase.

AroEnglish

Lifer
Jan 7, 2020
Midwest
Anyone know how to get in contact with the Neerup folks? I’ve been hoping they bring back these basic acorns and messaged them on instagram but haven't heard anything.

• Love
Reactions: jewman22

jewman22

Lifer
Apr 2, 2021
Ontario Canada
Anyone know how to get in contact with the Neerup folks? I’ve been hoping they bring back these basic acorns and messaged them on instagram but haven't heard anything.

I hope they do get them, that is a fine looking piece.

Extra nice. People always speak well of their Neerups. Happy birthday to you!
Thank You muchly.
I thoroughly enjoyed my first bowl out of it. Very smooth and dry.
The bowl is coated, I just filled it up but left it a bit loose. Not a fan of bowl coatings but it is not really any issue with this Neerup. I dont know what they do, but it feels very hard to the touch, almost feels like a ceramic or something.

Kevind

Lurker
Nov 15, 2021
OK I made it too easy for you.
View attachment 109486
View attachment 109487View attachment 109489View attachment 109490

Yeah, as soon as I seen it, I knew that was the choice for me. It is most certainly a Neerup Classic GR4.
And this is still by some margin, the most Iv'e spent on a single pipe.
I Was gonna wait until my birthday, but I cant just let this sit.
Thank you all for the suggestions, they will be remembered for my next bigger purchase.
Very nice! Congrats and happy early birthday!

Reactions: jewman22