PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Masterblaster

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 23, 2021
Evans, GA
Finally got my hands on a Peterson system Deluxe b42!20230115_114553.jpg
I snagged it right before Christmas from smoking pipes, but my wife wouldn't let me open it until my birthday which was yesterday! I got sniped on two others within a week as I was checking out LOL! But luckily I got this one! So far I love everything about this pipe, it looks great, feels great in the hands, it dissipates Heat wonderfully, and so far is a good smoker right out the box, I foresee it being a great smoker after a little more break in time! Definitely a vast improvement over my system standard 302, and my spigot 307, and I love those pipes! Think i will stick to the deluxe with any future system purchases from now on!

gervais

Lifer
Sep 4, 2019
Ontario
Finally got my hands on a Peterson system Deluxe b42!View attachment 194860
I snagged it right before Christmas from smoking pipes, but my wife wouldn't let me open it until my birthday which was yesterday! I got sniped on two others within a week as I was checking out LOL! But luckily I got this one! So far I love everything about this pipe, it looks great, feels great in the hands, it dissipates Heat wonderfully, and so far is a good smoker right out the box, I foresee it being a great smoker after a little more break in time! Definitely a vast improvement over my system standard 302, and my spigot 307, and I love those pipes! Think i will stick to the deluxe with any future system purchases from now on!
That is one lovely Pete my friend. Congrats on the new smoker!

Peterson314

Can't Leave
Sep 13, 2019
That's awesome!

What was different about it from your standard 3-series system? I mean... I'm clearly a fan of the 314.

Masterblaster

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 23, 2021
Evans, GA
Well it looks like I might have spoke too soon on the quality of this pipe!:mad:
My normal routine with a pipe is to smoke it two days straight before moving on to the next, which is normally six Bowls give or take depending on the day.
My normal routine for breaking in a new pipe, is the stir up ash and shake it around for those first two days then after that I wipe out my pipe after each smoke. And I did that after smoking my last bowl today, and what looks to me to be a nice big crack is formed inside! It never smoked hot I was gentle with it, I do not wipe out the bowl coating so maybe it's the ball coating cracking but it doesn't look like that to me!20230116_180155.jpg

• Sad
Reactions: Honkytonk Man

MikeDub

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 26, 2022
SoCal
Well it looks like I might have spoke too soon on the quality of this pipe!:mad:
My normal routine with a pipe is to smoke it two days straight before moving on to the next, which is normally six Bowls give or take depending on the day.
My normal routine for breaking in a new pipe, is the stir up ash and shake it around for those first two days then after that I wipe out my pipe after each smoke. And I did that after smoking my last bowl today, and what looks to me to be a nice big crack is formed inside! It never smoked hot I was gentle with it, I do not wipe out the bowl coating so maybe it's the ball coating cracking but it doesn't look like that to me!View attachment 195127
Based on the white color near the burnout I would say it’s a flaw in the briar. SP should take care of you given the length of time you’ve had the pipe.

• Love
Reactions: anotherbob

Masterblaster

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 23, 2021
Evans, GA
Yeah I was going to contact them tomorrow! Worst part about it is I've waited literally months for a b-42 deluxe system! I probably won't get a chance at another one till my next birthday lol

FurCoat

Lifer
Sep 21, 2020
North Carolina
To me it looks like a crack in the bowl coating. I remove that crap with my Petersons and I had to use 200 grit sandpaper. If it was me I would remove the coating and restart the break in process.

Reactions: anotherbob

Fralphog

Lifer
Oct 28, 2021
Idaho
Finally got my hands on a Peterson system Deluxe b42!View attachment 194860
Your forum moniker caught my eye.
@Masterblaster, by chance, where you a paratrooper- with Master Parachutist Wings?