Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tschiraldi

Lifer
Dec 14, 2015
Ohio
18.5 here as well, and broad shoulders to boot. Can't buy a decent looking shirt of a rack anywhere! A beating sounds good. I'm in.

mayfair70

Lifer
Sep 14, 2015
Found a pic of Anthony and Duane going to a formal...

b_pics_nov17rc

:rofl: :rofl:

fatbob

Lurker
Jun 30, 2016
I am also in the 18.5-19 inch neck crowd. I have to wear "dress" shirts often. While I had some success ordering "custom tailored" shirts online, they never really felt right. I had been bringing my clothes to a couple Asian ladies for years for that little taking in...or letting out. I fish and hunt on a semi regular basis and one year I had a huge cooler full of crappies and swung by to pick up some clothes. Long story short, the ladies saw the fish and ever since I bring them fish and/or game and they make me shirts. I have to buy the fabric and usually pay about 40 per shirt but it has been a very good arrangement that my wife thoroughly approves of, win..win. I wish I had been more aware of the opportunities that were there all along.

lasttango

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 29, 2012
Wilmington, De / Ithaca, NY
I wear an XL or an XXL shirt depending on the company. I am up to a 38-42 inch waist depending. I stand just under 6 feet. I gained some weight when I broke my back. I went from 170ish to about 260ish over a few years.
When I was in France this past summer, I took a 6x.
Are you kidding me?
I was like the fattest guy France ever saw. Dude... a 6X?
I mean... kid sizes, XS, S, M, L, XL, XLL, XLLL,XLLLL, XLLLLL AND THEN XLLLLLL?!
I am kind of angry at France right now.

mayfair70

Lifer
Sep 14, 2015
That's actually me in my profile pic.

:rofl:
Some people just get heavier as they age. With any luck, This is in your future...

PND8hpy.jpg

I'm glad you guys are such good sports. It takes humility and a good sense of self worth to handle such humor. Another testament to the outstanding nature of the crew of the Black Frigate. :worship:
cat-skeleton.png

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Some people just get heavier as they age. With any luck, This is in your future...
Then I can tell people, "I'm not fat, I'm just big boned." :rofl:

echambers

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 21, 2017
I can eat 4000 calories, pass gas and burn 5000
I was that way until I hit 40. Now that's not the case. In terms of shirts, I have a similar problem. My arms are long and so if I get the right arm length the chest is too full.

theloniousmonkfish

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 1, 2017
Nobody can find clothes that fit it seems. Lean more towards gangly than lumbering but with odd proportions. Usually an Xl shirt due to long arms/torso and bit of a barrel chest, have no waist however so the lower half billows like a cropped mumu. Wear a true 30, which is 28 in most jeans, and 32/34 length. Before finding the company I buy from now I used to wander stores frustrated and leave empty handed after being informed the size I need doesn't exist, at all. Neck is under 17 but I hate things around it, loose collars or v necks.
"My arms are long and so if I get the right arm length the chest is too full."
You will never see me in a dress shirt without the sleeves cuffed, would rather it fit mostly and cuff them than wear a parachute with well fitted sleeves.

Status
Not open for further replies.