PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

frtimmyd

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 13, 2011
. . .so far. I was just sitting down after a long, hard day. Grabbed my Peterson Rusticated Kapet 69 and loaded it with with 7 Seas Royal. Not sure exactly what I did but the pipe was perfectly packed (one light took it straight to the bottom) and the flavor of the 7 Seas seemed better than it ever had.
Not sure if I can ever duplicate this moment exactly but...Damn! That was a good pipe.

romanza10

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 10, 2012
South Carolina
I've smoked the 7 Seas Royal blend before. It's a good aro. But I've also had smokes, that are just win. I had a bowl of McClelland Blackwoods smoke very similar to like your describing. Is why it has become one of my favorites. Some times, every things comes together, is why I keep smoking and I'm sure why every one else does here to. :puffy:

barkar

Lifer
Apr 17, 2012
Sounds like you had a good smoke at a time you needed it....that's great when that happens

captainbob

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 5, 2010
Hopefully, we have all had that "ultimate smoke experience". It can have a lot to do with your mouth, body chemistry, what you have been eating or drinking and the caring of the pipe (as in dry and clean). Then, of course, it has to do with the tobacco. I always think that the first smoke of the day is generally the best for me because I am rested and so is my pipe. Last but not least, I think that my "state-of-mind" comes into play as well.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

an example of sate-of-mind...

click on pic to enlarge (previous Chicago Pipe Show)

zanthal

Lifer
Dec 3, 2011
Pleasanton, CA
I prefer to have so many good smokes, it's hard to remember which one was best, myself. good for you, father, it's been a while since I had 7 Seas Royal, thanks for the reminder.

kamikazesasquatch

Can't Leave
Sep 30, 2011
Seeing a priest/minister use the work "damn" in that context just made my day. Usually it means something else coming from you guys :)

arabpipesmoker

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 7, 2012
Wow man i have experience the same last night while smoking my 7th bowel of ‘davidoff royalty” using my new diplomat MM cob (same pipe in my avatar)

Not sure is it the pipe or the tobacco or who i packed that smoke .... All i know that i enjoyed every puff out of if :puffpipe:

ohin3

Lifer
Jun 2, 2010
There is nothing like one of "those smokes" I like it when they sneak up on me. I will be smoking while doing something like reading or paperwork or something that keeps me distracted and then all of a sudden I start to notice that my pipe and tobacco combination is just dead on and that what is coming through is incredible. Always makes me pause whatever it is that I am doing for a half hour or so to enjoy the smoke. I've pissed people off with that when working on something. Coworkers would be like c'mon man we gotta get this done and would get even more furious with me after my response of, it can wait...smokes like this only come around so often and I can't ignore it.

rigmedic1

Lifer
May 29, 2011
Oh, that's the best part of piping, when the burn is just right and the smoke creamy and rich... I just can't get enough of that. Last one like that was a bowl of Shortcut to Mushrooms in my Peterson Emerald Canadian. I wish I could make it happen on demand!

jameral

Nov 29, 2011
San Mateo
I believe that seeking the perfect smoke, which at times may seem elusive, is what we strive for every time we light up. There are so many variables which must be just right in order to deliver the experience which we seek. We all know what they are, but getting each one right for the perfect smoke doesn't always happen.
My fellow pipe brothers who consider themselves home barristas know that this is also true in trying to pull the perfect shot of esspresso when grind, dose, tamp, temp, and volume come together to produce the "God Shot".
Both are not achieved with every attempt, but it is the journey we set upon to do so that is one of discovry and experience. A journey most enjoyed! :puffy:

lazydog

Apr 24, 2012
everything is related, intertwined,coinhabited,and drizzled together. Bury me with my pipes, boys. :wink:

jvandy77

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 1, 2012
Just had the same experience last night! Altadis Black Cordial in my Ben Wade rusticated freehand. She smoked all the way to the bottom, and it was highly enjoyable!
-Jim

frtimmyd

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 13, 2011
Seeing a priest/minister use the work "damn" in that context just made my day. Usually it means something else coming from you guys [:)]
They don't call me the "Hoodlum Priest" for nothing!

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
If you're going to have the ultimate smoke, the 7 Seas line is a great place to start. Royal and Red are really growing on me!

Status
Not open for further replies.