PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

64alex

Part of the Furniture Now
May 10, 2016
To what already listed I would add Mars for blends which are sold out at the main USA vendors. Also I would mention Synjeco for plugs and ropes which are nearly impossible to be found in the USA, they are based in Switzerland but they are still shipping to the USA.

maxx

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 10, 2015
Smokingpipes. I’ve never ordered tobacco from anywhere else. Likewise for buying pipes, although I did get two NOS pipes from eBay once and I had one pipe made to order from a guy who’s name I’ve forgotten.

S

sunriseboy

SP's, 4noggins & WCC's. (Not necessarily in that order of preference). However, I'm surprised to only see WCC's get one mention here. Ernie and the crew there are great. They have some of the best blends around the traps, so it's surprising they are not seen mentioned more often.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
All eccentricity here: For years my go-to blend sources were Iwan Ries and smokingpipes.com. Iwan Ries got into state sales and tobacco taxes, which is fair to IR but expensive, and they jacked up their shipping besides, and then I lost access to both to a gimpy OP on my device, so for several years my go-to has been PC, which has done well by me both in terms of filling orders promptly and offering some excellent discounts. I order from other online places, and I try to make a point of buying from my local independent pipe shop for somewhat higher prices to keep them going. Lately availability on specific items in both pipes and blends has been spotty, but so far I've gotten what I need, mostly. I plan to install a somewhat more recent but still outdated OP, and if that doesn't work, invest in a new device, and see how it goes. The current device is 2009 vintage, which by tech standards is shortly after the dawn of the universe. I'm not in harmony with technology, but I participate with it and do what I can. I suspect if I'd been born in 1986 and grown up with it, it would be the air I breathe. I'd also claim I had on-the-job introduction and training in digital technology that amounted to precisely effective aversion therapy. If you'd done it my way, you wouldn't like it either.

Status
Not open for further replies.