PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

hilojohnny

Lifer
Oct 2, 2010
I'm with UncleArthur....after long periods of frustration, the "Geezer Grab & Stuff" method is my procedure of choice.... :nana:

rls80

Lurker
Jan 2, 2011
I've been experimenting with a method whereby I take enough tobacco to fill the whole bowl, then place in my palm and make a fist (lightly), so 'squeezing it' into a ball/oblong shape and pushing it into the pipe, not too hard, just to below the rim. I suppose its a bit like the stuffing method mentioned above but i happened upon doing it this way myself! The theory in my mind is that because the tobacco is formed/pressed into a clump, all the strands are more 'inter-woven' better, therefore burn more seamlessly. Does that make sence?!
Cheers

yoru

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 5, 2011
I just stuff it in there until I like the feel of the tightness (usually rolling a little ball for the top to get a nice cap)-- sometimes I take a few dry puffs if I'm uncertain how I feel about the bowl -- if the airflow is enough to suck my palm down on the bowl when I cover it and draw then I usually say it can't be too bad spare a couple times I decided it was too loose.
Never have to re-light a pipe unless I set it down for more than the time it takes to smoke a fag. But then again my bowls tend to only last about 15 minutes to MAYBE 30 depending on the pipe. And perhaps this is a bit fast -- I dun really know or mind. I tend to get tongue bite in every bowl so I assume it is, but the tongue-bite is a bitter-sweet (masochistic perhaps) enjoyment of mine as well so again I dun mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.