PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

gemtx

Might Stick Around
Dec 20, 2020
Dallas, TX
Well, I ordered and received my first purchases of Best of the Rest from Pipes and Cigars (both aromatic and English), so I thought I'd give my take. The price point was spectacular (and on sale), so I had to give them a try. I have yet to smoke the English, but the aromatic is really, really good stuff! And it appears uniform throughout the bag. I can't quite place the aroma (is it a vanilla?), but there's a slight boozy note. It smokes wonderfully, so I feel like I really got a steal. On the down-side, the packaging of both bags was a drag. I had to cut the entire top off the aromatic and store it in tupperware - the re-seal was useless. And the English bag has the aroma of the tobacco - thus it is not an air-tight seal. I'll need to buy something to store it in as well. But again, the English appeared to be also quite uniform. I expected a hodge-podge of tobaccos thrown together like leftover sawdust. I am pleasantly surprised and now have enough tobacco to last me a good long while. What a deal on quality tobaccos! That's my take; best to all.

gemtx

Might Stick Around
Dec 20, 2020
Dallas, TX
At that price point, and with the quality of the tobacco, I just bought another load of the stuff. Who knows if a deal like this will exist in the future. Anyway, I am impressed with both the aromatic and the English. Best to all.

Reactions: Old Welder

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
It is just what they happened to have as overage that month, so you can't expect the same "blend" the next time you order The Best of the Rest, but others have mentioned before that they liked what they received. If you enjoy it, you win. Happy smoking!

Reactions: gemtx

Old Welder

Might Stick Around
Feb 13, 2021
Northern Illnoise
I like best of the rest pipe tobacco
It's cheap enough to experiment with
I took 8 oz and place it a a seal container with a shot glass my favorite maple rye whisky in the center and left it alone for a month plus .
Nice mellow taste ,with a pleasant room note .
I found out you will get a better taste by letting it evaporate into the tobacco .
Rather that pouring or spraying the alcohol in the tobacco.
When you pour the alcohol in the tobacco ,you will get a alcohol taste more than anything else .
Even pressing the mixture will not get the taste out .
I use a cheap stainless steel noodle press found on evil bay for $14.00

Reactions: gemtx and WVOldFart

krizzose

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
Michigan
I keep a scraps jar, but just one as I don’t smoke Latakia or scented Lakelands. I’ve been making noodle press crumble cakes out of it when it’s full. I put them in 4 oz jars and tuck them away in the cellar for a little surprise several years from now