SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Sep 7, 2023
I'm just a newbie but Cult BRM has been my favorite so far. I haven't had the opportunity yet to try a lot of others but I'm working on it!

Puffaluffaguss

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 30, 2021
The City Different
I've tried all of the blends that have been mentioned but none I mean none cone close to my favorite aromatic of all time, which is

Erick Stokkebye 1982 centennial blend.
Raspberry and French vanilla with little chunks of navy flake mixed with ribbon of Virginia and Cavendish. I'm sure there is some other tobaccos as well but not sure.

Other then BRM this is the only berry flavored blend I smoke

Reactions: Pip'n'Piper

telemitry

Lurker
Aug 28, 2023
So far just my personal opinion of what I’ve got through :

-devils holiday - not as good as BRM
- Ken Byron dark cherry - not as good as BRM
- country squire Parson’s blend- not bad will smoke again
- Hobbit’s Weed - not bad, will smoke again
- Sutliff Black cordial- still need to try
- Boswells sweet and mild - still need to try

woodrow

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 28, 2018
Melfort, Saskatchewan, Canada
I’ve been venturing into aeros lately and really enjoy BRM. I’m more of a maple and vanilla fan. Presently I just find aeros a little more interesting. Vapers are great but most of them require aging, and several winners have changed their recipes (escudo). BRM got the cherry right. There’s some very nice maple and vanilla house blends from 4Noggins.

Reactions: upnorth1

sardonicus87

Lifer
Jun 28, 2022
Lower Alabama
Does anybody make one that tastes like blueberry pie?

I wonder if I can just get some that's blueberry and mix it with Savinelli Brunello flake to make blueberry pie (since Brunello kind of tastes like graham crackers, so somewhat pie crust-like).

Reactions: telemitry
G

Gimlet

I like GH Exclusive black cherry. More sour cherry than sweet with a fermented twang to it which I really like. I like smoking it when driving for some reason.
Most people love the smell too. It's one I can get away with smoking in company.

Reactions: dcon and telemitry

ltstone

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 30, 2015
My 3 favorite are The old Scotties Pancake, Boswell Raspberry Cream but most of all 4noggins Lord Methleys if you like over the top berry with a taste of pie crust, it delivers.

Feb 12, 2022
North Georgia mountains.
I'd like to see a Mulberry topping, or make one. We have our own trees and make jelly and preserves from them and I just love the flavor. I'll bet a light Mulberry topping on a straight virginia wouldn't suck.
As far as what I've smoked, Gawith blends are probably the closest to a berry flavor I've had. Though they're more floral than berry I reckon. Or maybe Warped "The Red Hunt"

LeafErikson

Lifer
Dec 7, 2021
Oregon
I'd like to see a Mulberry topping, or make one. We have our own trees and make jelly and preserves from them and I just love the flavor. I'll bet a light Mulberry topping on a straight virginia wouldn't suck.
As far as what I've smoked, Gawith blends are probably the closest to a berry flavor I've had. Though they're more floral than berry I reckon. Or maybe Warped "The Red Hunt"
One of my neighbors has a mulberry tree and I had some for the first time a few months ago. They're absolutely delicious.

midcentry

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 10, 2022
Utah
I generally lean towards the less cased aromatic blends, but still enjoy the flavors when they're done right! My favorite blends with berry notes would be Peterson's University Flake, and Sun Bear - Mountain Flower. I'm going to pop open a tin of Germain's Plum Cake this week, not sure what to expect there but could be similar?

Reactions: The Amish Tyrant
Jul 26, 2021
Metro-Detroit
One of my neighbors has a mulberry tree and I had some for the first time a few months ago. They're absolutely delicious.
They make incredible jams and jellys
My grandparents have a mulberry tree and the berries are delicious. I found mulberry jam and it is amazing.

As a sucker for sweet and savory, I love making roasts (primarily pork) using jams for glazes (or glaze bases). Mulberry jam on roast pork was very good (blackberry jam with rosemary is a close second with Chipotle raspberry and apricot jam being decent as well).

Reactions: jpmcwjr