PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

smoothsailing

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 7, 2013
Perth N.Y. (Adirondack area )
Followed Warp Tour in the mid 90's, hit every event till I met my wife in 2004. Last live show Drop Kick at Saratoga Winners before the fire. Best live bands Royal Crown Review, Bosstones, Drop Kick Murphy's, NOFX, Suicide Machines, Hepcat, Voodoo Glow Skulls, I could keep going but I'll stop here. This was back before this sugar pop punk invaded the scene. Darien Lake Buffalo Warp Tour in 97 will always be the best show in my book.

tinsel

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 23, 2015
I could make a giant list of awesome rock bands ... but that gets tedious fast and most good rock bands tend to have good live shows.
Instead, I'll list the 2 non-"rock" acts I saw that blew my mind...
Steve Martin and the Steep Canyon Rangers

-Amazing musicians all around, some of the best bluegrass pickin' I've heard and amazing vocal harmonies. And Steve Martin is an absolute master entertainer. Great music and some truly funny comedy mixed in. Amazing act.
Randy Newman

-Always been a huge fan of his songwriting and his albums. Saw him live at the Lexington Opera House and was blown away by his ability to entertain. Just him all alone on stage with a piano for 2 1/2 hours and it was a thing of beauty. Between songs he told stories which were downright hilarious and really made the show feel intimate despite being a large opera house. Amazing musician.

jerwynn

Lifer
Dec 7, 2011
The President's Own Marine Band! Our son was a Marine bandsman (percussion) with the 2ndMARDIV band at Camp Lejeune several years ago and we got to see and hear some spectacularly great live music along the way, courtesy of the USMC!!!! Ooo-rah!!!

cally454

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 31, 2012
The Doors

Creedence

Grateful dead

The Who

Jefferson Airplane

Crosby Stills & Nash-Indiana frank
Winner

Status
Not open for further replies.