PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 7, 2016
@graydawn, I have, in my mind, picked their pocket on estates a couple of times. They know a lot about pipes, collectively more than I would ever hope to know, but occasionally us old geezers know something they don't.

toobfreak

Lifer
Dec 19, 2016
Okay, who is SPC? I'm looking for another supplier.
They are your sponsor of this site! Of all the people I've ever bought from they are singularly the one place I would say has the best overall combination of huge inventory, vast variety and great reliable service and packaging.

mcitinner1

Lifer
Apr 5, 2014
Missouri
I absolutely love Smoking Pipes packing method! I took delivery this week of a very large Dunhill tin order from P&C. (272 tins in one box) The entire order left their building in sleeves of five tins except the singles needed to make up 16's and 32's. There was almost no packing, and a lot of broken open sleeves, but no real damage. The shipping label said the box weighed 66 lbs. When the delivery driver dropped the box on my porch, I heard it from inside and went right out. He said, "That's the heaviest 66 lb. box I've ever seen." I figured it up later and the box really weighed 76 lbs.
I long for the day that Smoking Pipes can match P&C's sale prices. 8O 8O

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
There was almost no packing, and a lot of broken open sleeves, but no real damage.
This is what I dislike about that method: you get to find out, years later, that damage to the seals occurred.
They do OK with bulk however.

Status
Not open for further replies.