PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

bouwser

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 8, 2018
Among many already said, Kingsfoil is a favorite. Va and Dark fired.

kylef

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 17, 2018
Cape Ann, MA USA
I've tried Rivendell and Second Breakfast, and love both of those. I have Hunting Creek, but I haven't tried it yet.

Figgy Pudding, however, is at the top of my list. Even though it's billed as a Christmas blend (and it's awesome for the holidays,) it doesn't really have the normal "holiday spice" flavorings, so for me it just fits as a wonderful aromatic at any time of the year. Incredible room note.

Reactions: AlabamaDan

AlabamaDan

Can't Leave
Dec 24, 2019
Alabama
Took a road trip through Jackson today and picked up a few ounces of Old Toby, Cherokee, and Parson's Blend. Old Toby is some good stuff.

Reactions: BROBS

AlabamaDan

Can't Leave
Dec 24, 2019
Alabama
It’s just my opinion, but I tried Parsons’s Blend tonight in my little briar. I didn’t like it much. It smelled great in the jar, but the taste wasn’t as good. It was smokey and I got a little tongue bite. I’ll let it cellar and we’ll see what happens.

I’m really enjoying Old Toby.

Reactions: Bowie

AlabamaDan

Can't Leave
Dec 24, 2019
Alabama
It’s just my opinion, but I tried Parsons’s Blend tonight in my little briar. I didn’t like it much. It smelled great in the jar, but the taste wasn’t as good. It was smokey and I got a little tongue bite. I’ll let it cellar and we’ll see what happens.

Pipe smells good though. ?

grumpyoltroll

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 14, 2018

I didn't get any tongue bite from it but found it underwhelming too. One word, RIVENDELL.

Dissident_Mantis

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 8, 2020
I am interested in trying their Hunting Creek blend. I like Gawith and Hoggarth's Balkan Mixture because it is the only Lakeland English/Balkan blend that I am aware of. I figured that if I like that, I may like other aromatic blends with latakia.

M

Marindas

I am interested in trying their Hunting Creek blend. I like Gawith and Hoggarth's Balkan Mixture because it is the only Lakeland English/Balkan blend that I am aware of. I figured that if I like that, I may like other aromatic blends with latakia.

I found their Hunting Creek and Northwest Trek blends to be similar, with the difference being that Hunting Creek seemed to have more of the topping applied. If you find Hunting Creek a bit too aromatic, you may want to try Northwest Trek.

Status
Not open for further replies.