PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Referring to the original post, it is a puzzle whether this person is doing a persona or if this is who he is on a daily basis. Do people on the autism spectrum have this kind of performative self-presentation? I felt like he could be "in costume," and putting on, like Steve Colbert doing his old TV persona. The comic effect of his getting up and walking off camera was genuinely funny; I laughted out loud. I don't think I will watch more of this, but it certainly is a unique bit.

JKoD

Part of the Furniture Now
May 9, 2021
IN
Referring to the original post, it is a puzzle whether this person is doing a persona or if this is who he is on a daily basis. Do people on the autism spectrum have this kind of performative self-presentation? I felt like he could be "in costume," and putting on, like Steve Colbert doing his old TV persona. The comic effect of his getting up and walking off camera was genuinely funny; I laughted out loud. I don't think I will watch more of this, but it certainly is a unique bit.
That’s genuinely him, I believe... see his other videos. Legit - and just naturally funny. I don’t think he plans much of it. So, what you see is what you get. Odd duck for sure, but still hilarious.

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
Nope he acts like this all the time. Even before he was ever on YouTube etc.

Reactions: Kilgore Trout

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
Somehow he misses the point that he comes off like a total dork, and is oblivious to the sketchy persona that he is putting up on Utube for all the world to see. Poor mental health on display.

He needs to get the head of a chicken or maybe a whole fryer on a string and work that into his remarks.

A little voodoo might help his acts.

Casual

Lifer
Oct 3, 2019
NL, CA
Somewhere around half of men these days (and more historically) are evolutionary leaves, rather than branches, if you get my meaning.

If you know you’re in that category, there is a degree of freedom you have that others don’t. Wearing a leather duster all the time, for instance. Or those cowboy boots with the jangly buckles on them. The sky is the limit. You can even write your own manifesto. You can leave the “giving an f” to other men.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
Somewhere around half of men these days (and more historically) are evolutionary leaves, rather than branches, if you get my meaning.

If you know you’re in that category, there is a degree of freedom you have that others don’t. Wearing a leather duster all the time, for instance. Or those cowboy boots with the jangly buckles on them. The sky is the limit. You can even write your own manifesto. You can leave the “giving an f” to other men.
Some of us even go so far as to take up pipe smoking.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
In general, U.S. eccentrics don't measure up to British eccentrics who have a much more rigid standard to play against, so are much more conspicuous and incongruous. But this gentleman gives the British eccentrics a run for their money. Now he needs a monocle.

Aomalley27

Mar 8, 2021
Chicagoland area
Strange seeing him light the tenon in an effort to unclog the stem. Wondering how much you have to smoke to get that stem clogged. I’ve smoked a Pete for the better portion of a month, four or five bowls a day, and never had a stem clog. Had to punch through the draft, but never the stem.

Kilgore Trout

Nov 5, 2019
In general, U.S. eccentrics don't measure up to British eccentrics who have a much more rigid standard to play against, so are much more conspicuous and incongruous. But this gentleman gives the British eccentrics a run for their money. Now he needs a monocle.
As luck would have it, we can directly compare Wyoming's own sexy, Goth, bad-boy, to the last of the desiccated, cob webbed, English roses (well Welsh technically, but it's close enough, as the morose raven sadly flies.)

Status
Not open for further replies.