PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jasongone

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 23, 2011
i returned to cincinnati in december and have been working at the same local tattoo shop since then. like many shops, and shop owners, it was always an atmosphere of controlled chaos that threatened to tumble. the last couple months it has gotten pretty bad. we never see the owner anymore (pretty sure there's a drug problem element there) and then we get the added bonus of running out od basic things a few times a week. then a couple of people were brought in that none of us wanted to be around or work with. to give you an idea the dude comes in yelling "f*@k this place!", pulls a glock out of his pants chambers a round and throws in on his station counter.

being that i am the old guy in the shop i decided that a: i needed to lead by example, and b: that was the straw. so i calmly packed my stuff and left. got in touch with a couple of other shop owners, secure a new gig (go hamer out details tomorrow) and go home for an unexpected weekend off.

now i am going to go sit outside and smoke a bowl of meditation. this is the best i have felt in months.

brewshooter

Lifer
Jun 2, 2011
Sounds like you took control of the situation and dealt with it the proper way. Enjoy that pipe and enjoy the weekend!

jasongone

Mar 23, 2011
enjoying it very much.

double bonus... since i am off tomorrow i get to go to the girlfriend's mom's b-day dinner, at the local steakhouse.

ace57

Lifer
Jun 21, 2011
You just sit and enjoy the weekend, no one needs that crap, good luck Jasongone. :clap:

stacen

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 23, 2011
good on you bro. hope it works out that the new place you work with gives you an even better deal than your last gig.

Nov 14, 2009
Flowery Branch, GA
Good for you man. No one needs that kind of B.S. in the workplace. I can only imagine how south the clientele will turn for them. Hope you got yourself in a much better situation.
Although I was unemployed for 7 months, that was 7 months of family time that I cherished greatly. 10 years of working in the big city was wearing on me in many ways. I just landed a new gig myself working 10 miles from my home.

seanz

May 8, 2011
Southland NZ
good move man. Its the one thing i can't get my head around, is the availability of hand guns in the states. its so far removed from what we have over here. Though i am sure there are elements in our society that do have them,its not that apparent. or in your face.

Nov 14, 2009
Flowery Branch, GA
This may come off as a little political viewpoint, so if need be, remove it. However, part of that is that we as citizens of the U.S. have the RIGHT to own firearms. Regulation is another story and not all guns are registered. But bringing a gun to work is something I don't think is ever necessary. Leave it in the car, or at home, where you can defend your family. Other than that, we have concealed weapons permits where you have to be fingerprinted by the police and background checks done.

Status
Not open for further replies.