PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ahi Ka

Lurker
Feb 25, 2020
Aotearoa (New Zealand)
So I have $25 store credit to use as a last ditch effort to get something into the country before the cut off when customs will smoke it for me.

Putting it to the forum for your suggestions. Tobacco that gets most likes or posts by the end of the weekend will be my choice.

(Please dont be dicks and all suggest 1Q etc. haha)

Chur

Reactions: radrick96

trubka2

Lifer
Feb 27, 2019
I'd probably think about 6 oz of ODF RR or 8 oz of Newminster 403. But then I'd recover my wits and buy 10 oz of Pegasus or Haunted Bookshop.

Reactions: uprightman
May 2, 2020
Louisiana
$25 could get you quite a bit of bulk tobacco.
Arango Balkan Supreme.
C&D Habana Daydream, Billy Budd, Stratfordshire, Yorktown...
Or you could get two tins.
The world’s your oyster.

Edit to add: a pound of D&R would just about be covered by $25

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
Time to go bulk shopping.

You could bag an oz each of 10 good blends for $25.

Sutliff Match Victorian
Balkan Supreme
Sutliff black cordial
Sutliff Va slices
HH ODF
Lancer Slices
CD Burley blends
And more!

Last edited:

burleyboy

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 30, 2019
Europe
It really depends on what you like, but if I were in your position, I‘d try to get some serious volume into the country by buying C&D bulk (Old Joe Krantz as a Burley and Yorktown as a Virginia maybe?) or some Daughters and Ryan. Cockstrong would be my suggestion there, but that blend is best when aged for a year in my opinion.

Ahi Ka

Lurker
Feb 25, 2020
Aotearoa (New Zealand)
Thanks for the suggestions so far! Probably should reiterate that I am happy with current cellar level given the situation and for me the purpose of this thread is fun and memorable way to place an unexpected bonus order as such.

I have no preference as to whether the emphasis is on bulk quantity, variety of blends or a more expensive single item.

So far it’s a tie between, ODF, balkan supreme, a d&r blend, or a C&D burley.

ray47

Lifer
Jul 10, 2015
Dalzell, South Carolina
I have to go along with others in suggesting bulk C&D Pegasus. IMO, it's the best burley blend that C&D makes. If you like aromatics and you haven't said so, the two best IMO is C&D's Autumn Evening and MacBaren's Vanilla Flake and the loose cut.

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
Thanks for the suggestions so far! Probably should reiterate that I am happy with current cellar level given the situation and for me the purpose of this thread is fun and memorable way to place an unexpected bonus order as such.

I have no preference as to whether the emphasis is on bulk quantity, variety of blends or a more expensive single item.

So far it’s a tie between, ODF, balkan supreme, a d&r blend, or a C&D burley.
I’d throw an extra $1 or so in and get a LB of one of the D&R Rimboche’s. ?

Reactions: Ahi Ka
Status
Not open for further replies.