PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 1, 2014
I know the mind of every Canuck would fit that description, but have you ever seen a Canadian shaped Pipe with a Bent Stem?
The subject comes up because I just got some replacement stems from China and of course the tenons are ALL different from the diameter stated when I bought them, luckily one stem happens to perfectly fit a Rossi Canadian that I've been meaning to get a new stem for ever since I blew up the original with my 3/8" Taper Bit (Very easy to break through the surface when trying to match the outside taper of the stem on the inside).

The new stem is bent at about a 45 degree angle right now, I probably want to straighten it some, but maybe not if there's good precedent for "someone" having carved a pipe like this intentionally before.

So the question now is how bent is too much bend in a Canadian?

(And technically the new stem is a saddle bit so it's really a Lumberman not a Canadian, but making simple jokes about the country is way more entertaining than trying to make fun of hard working people.)

Last edited:
Reactions: jpmcwjr

olkofri

Lifer
Sep 9, 2017
The Arm of Orion
(And technically the new stem is a saddle bit so it's really a Lumberman not a Canadian, but making simple jokes about the country is way more entertaining than trying to make fun of hard working people.)
Well... if I were to name that mongrelised pipe the thread would get immediately and irremediably political; and probably the ones I'd be making fun of would be more likely to come after me than the mods—the devil hating being mocked and all that. So, I'll skip the naming and just wait for pics of the resulting mutant pipe to be posted. puffy

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
GBD, Castello, Radice, Savinelli, Upshall, etc etc have all made a bent Canadian. Usually 1/4 to 1/8 bent.

Status
Not open for further replies.