Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

May 9, 2021
Geoje Island South Korea
It's absolutely crazy this loss of short-term memory we have. Just before I retired, I was in my office and to decide to go where we kept the engineering drawings. Next thing I knew I had walked into the factory are of the building. I realized what I had done so I turned around to go back to the drawing room and ended back in my office. I guess I needed the exercise, but I would have liked to have seen that drawing.
So, I'm downstairs doing something important, like preparing for a smoke, or similar. Realized that I've left something upstairs. Fair enough, I've only got one pair of hands.
Re-trace my footsteps, back upstairs into the bedroom, only to think, "what the hell did I come here for?" Man that sucks!

May 9, 2021
Geoje Island South Korea
I'm to be 55 this summer. Maybe younger than some here, older than a few others. I have two boys: 5 and 3 years old, just about. I'm a kind of high-strung, anxious person and maybe that contributes to my state of being more and more forgetful. My wife is always asking me these important questions, the answers to which I can't remember: "Did you give them the cough medicine?" And two minutes later: "I asked you a question!" "Um, I'm trying to remember." Is it normal to start forgetting things at this age? I feel like it just got me the last few years. I ask people questions at work, forgetting that I asked them the same questions just a few minutes before.
@milk .
I'm going to be 55 in August and also experience, maybe to a lesser degree, what you're experiencing.

My wife says she's told me something, to which I reply, "no honey, you never mentioned this or that" I guess that it doesn't help that she's as dizzy as top.

But it is something a buddy of mine is pulling me up on.

Reactions: bullet08