PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

kcghost

Lifer
May 6, 2011
Olathe, Kansas
It's absolutely crazy this loss of short-term memory we have. Just before I retired, I was in my office and to decide to go where we kept the engineering drawings. Next thing I knew I had walked into the factory are of the building. I realized what I had done so I turned around to go back to the drawing room and ended back in my office. I guess I needed the exercise, but I would have liked to have seen that drawing.

milk

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 21, 2022
Japan
I'm to be 55 this summer. Maybe younger than some here, older than a few others. I have two boys: 5 and 3 years old, just about. I'm a kind of high-strung, anxious person and maybe that contributes to my state of being more and more forgetful. My wife is always asking me these important questions, the answers to which I can't remember: "Did you give them the cough medicine?" And two minutes later: "I asked you a question!" "Um, I'm trying to remember." Is it normal to start forgetting things at this age? I feel like it just got me the last few years. I ask people questions at work, forgetting that I asked them the same questions just a few minutes before.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
I'm to be 55 this summer. Maybe younger than some here, older than a few others. I have two boys: 5 and 3 years old, just about. I'm a kind of high-strung, anxious person and maybe that contributes to my state of being more and more forgetful. My wife is always asking me these important questions, the answers to which I can't remember: "Did you give them the cough medicine?" And two minutes later: "I asked you a question!" "Um, I'm trying to remember." Is it normal to start forgetting things at this age? I feel like it just got me the last few years. I ask people questions at work, forgetting that I asked them the same questions just a few minutes before.
yes it's normal. But how often and what kind of things. But the biggest red flag is when you stop realizing how forgetful you are. And yes being stressed out and anxious can make any one more forgetful. Find some way to help yourself relax and not hold onto as much stress... And you will probably remember more things more often.

Reactions: bullet08 and milk

milk

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 21, 2022
Japan
yes it's normal. But how often and what kind of things. But the biggest red flag is when you stop realizing how forgetful you are. And yes being stressed out and anxious can make any one more forgetful. Find some way to help yourself relax and not hold onto as much stress... And you will probably remember more things more often.
Thanks friend. I think smoking a pipe helps. And letting things go.

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
Man, I’ve had some moments that have really scared me, forgetting something I’ve done 15 minutes prior, like complete loss.

All I know is, it’s time for more essential fatty acids, coconut oil, Medium Chain Triglycerides, and Turmeric.

Do you know, there are actually around 600-800 case studies, that turmeric heals a damaged brain, really amazing stuff.

These below are suppose to be some really good stuff, which reminds me, if I don’t forget, LOL, I need to order some more.

Both of these formulated by Dr. Perlmutter, a Board Certified Neurologist. Be sure to scroll down on the site to read some info about him.

Also, if you didn’t know, Prebiotics foster the growth of Probiotics in your gut, also very beneficial for mind health, besides fiber. I need to get some more of this too...

Last edited:

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
I always read everyday my horoscope in the Hindustan Times due to its incredible accuracy. Sometimes I have to go back and reread it due to forgetting the daily prediction!

Reactions: bullet08
Nov 20, 2022
Wisconsin
I think it has less to do with your age, and more with having two boys: 5 and 3 years old….. and a wife who is always asking “important” questions.