PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I finally broke down and had a bowl of Old Dark Fired after having the community cough I heard in church last Sunday. I had to postpone my flu shot from my primary care guy because if they give it to you on a blood draw visit, they have to charge you a co-pay. This is a brave doc who has his own family practice. So I'll get it on a regular doctor visit. Good to stop the pipe while you are getting over a bug. Hope you get feeling good, soon.

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
I am just finishing up a cold of some sort which seems to last everyone three weeks up here. No fun at all. I managed to keep it at bay a bit and out of my lungs. The cough and stuffiness kept me pretty much inside the entire time. Very boring.
But, the good news Lee is that it will pass. I used a cocktail of Sudafed, Zicam swabs, and Theraflu for what it's worth.
Heal fast!

blackbeard

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 13, 2015
2 weeks of being sick for me...turned into bronchitis. Definitely slows things down. Sorry to hear it, and hopefully it gets better! Personally believe the worst part....always sick in the fall. The best time to smoke.

andrew

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
I find it kind of a very telling detail about the habit of pipe and cigar smokers, the majority it seems don't smoke when they're sick whereas cigarette smokers will continue smoking through extreme flu's no matter how bad it makes them cough. I don't smoke if I'm sick, but when I smoked cigs I would.

blackbeard

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 13, 2015
Yeah, I smoke cigarettes; even with bronchitis hacking my lungs out there comes a point where I can't wait it out no more and smoke. It's not quite as easy to stop. With a pipe, though you may miss it, you can just let it go for a bit without so much concern.

jvnshr

Staff member
Sep 4, 2015
Baku, Azerbaijan
really? I used to smoke cigarettes (I still do sometimes), but when I got sick I couldn't even take a single puff. I have always thought of a cold as something making you stronger and cleaning your body. Not smoking for several days, your body getting rid of all that fluids and mess. I hope I don't get cold though :)

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Same here! Recovery soon and fully! Meantime, I will knock on wood.... I didn't smoke anything when I was really sick back when I also smoked cigs. When in hospital a few months ago, I didn't want coffee or pipe when I got out, but I overcame that situation!

Sep 27, 2012
Upland, CA.
Damn!... bunch of carrier monkeys in here. :P
acidophilus is my secret to not falling ill, I started to get something about a month ago, but after a day or two it gave up because my immune system is strong like bull! (that was supposed to be in a Russian accent).

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
I hear that. I've had a cold and sinus infection for over two weeks now. Not even interested in smoking my pipe right now. Finally got a script from the doc today. Get well fellas. :crying:

Status
Not open for further replies.