PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
You might try a pouch of Sir Walter Raleigh Aromatic, which is burley based, with Virginia as a condiment, flavored with three liqueurs. I find Velvet pleasant but exceeding mild; I can't even taste any sweetness to it. I like Iwan Ries Three Star Blue and Edward G. Robinson, a blend in part revived by jiminks, a member here on Forums.

Grangerous

Lifer
Dec 8, 2020
East Coast USA
You might try a pouch of Sir Walter Raleigh Aromatic, which is burley based, with Virginia as a condiment, flavored with three liqueurs. I find Velvet pleasant but exceeding mild; I can't even taste any sweetness to it. I like Iwan Ries Three Star Blue and Edward G. Robinson, a blend in part revived by jiminks, a member here on Forums.
You know, MSO I felt the same way about Velvet. Then I revisited it and really tried to understand it. It has a pure sugar sweetness that I could not get before. It’s raisin sweet. Cereal sweet, subtle and I can really see how any of these all-day smokes can really grab hold. —- I love hearing how your Dad puffed only Granger all over the South Pacific. Believe me, I get it! It’s delicious, at least to me it is.

I tried EGR and gave it away to a member here after only one bowl. It’s a great blend, for others. It just had to much going on for me. What a great room note SWRA has! But SWRA also has too much going on for me. I enjoy one hit wonders, like Velvet, like Granger. They may sing one note and one note only but it’s comforting. I can also enjoy a masterful blend like Pegasus. All of these blends are sippers or the flavors will pass you bye 👋

OverMountain

Lifer
Dec 5, 2021
Western Caccalack Hinterlands
Long time prince albert smoker here, since it's very hard to find these days and my stash has ran out i've been trying some new things. SWR is very close but less cocoa but it's pretty good and i'm waiting on a can of granger to come in that's what my grandpa smoked. Velvet is very different but very smooth just wondering what other prince Albert smokers are switching to in these tough times.
Where is Prince Albert going? Didn’t know there was a shortage.

I second MSO, Sir Walter Aromatic is GOOD! There’s a reason it’s been around for 50 years now.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
This thread moved, as it's not an introduction!
But welcome, and please post again in New Members and tell us something about you and where you live.

Welcome from the Central Coast of California!

1671686982960.png

Briar Lee

Lifer
Sep 4, 2021
Humansville Missouri
Long time prince albert smoker here, since it's very hard to find these days and my stash has ran out i've been trying some new things. SWR is very close but less cocoa but it's pretty good and i'm waiting on a can of granger to come in that's what my grandpa smoked. Velvet is very different but very smooth just wondering what other prince Albert smokers are switching to in these tough times.
I have ample stocks of PA, Velvet, Half and Half, SWR, SWR Aro, and Granger on hand, but I’m searching for a tub of Carter Hall.

DDA1FD1C-C70B-49F6-BB5C-61A36058842E.jpeg

That pouch of Carter Hall is so good, I want to sprinkle it on my ice cream.:)