PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Ky pipemaster

Lurker
Dec 7, 2022
Long time prince albert smoker here, since it's very hard to find these days and my stash has ran out i've been trying some new things. SWR is very close but less cocoa but it's pretty good and i'm waiting on a can of granger to come in that's what my grandpa smoked. Velvet is very different but very smooth just wondering what other prince Albert smokers are switching to in these tough times.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Long time prince albert smoker here, since it's very hard to find these days and my stash has ran out i've been trying some new things. SWR is very close but less cocoa but it's pretty good and i'm waiting on a can of granger to come in that's what my grandpa smoked. Velvet is very different but very smooth just wondering what other prince Albert smokers are switching to in these tough times.

Ky pipemaster

Lurker
Dec 7, 2022
I'm waiting for pipes and cigars to get it back in stock ,hopefully they will soon i'm missing my PA. i've never had to order tobacco before but my local small town store went out of business when the owner died so i could not find it anywhere else.

• Sad
Reactions: chopper

Ky pipemaster

Lurker
Dec 7, 2022
Velvet is way too wet from a fresh pouch gonna need to dry out a little to stay lit ,I'm not used to the fruity flavor but hoping it grows on me because i really like it not having any bite at all even smoking it hard and fast

Grangerous

Lifer
Dec 8, 2020
East Coast USA
Granger won’t have the chocolate notes to which you’ve become accustomed. I do like Velvet and SWR. I find Carter Hall too flavored. As is SWRA. Velvet is just a simple sweetness, nothing complex about it. Each of these are mild offerings and require you to sip. PA is more flavor forward,but I don’t seek cocoa in my tobacco these days. I used to define burley that way, I was a MacBarren burley guy and cocoa is their signature. Today I enjoy Granger most days. Burley always. Pegasus from C&D is a fine burley based blend. You may find it to your liking.

WVOldFart

Lifer
Sep 1, 2021
Eastern panhandle, WV
I smoke a pipe with Prince Albert everyday. Usually it is with my morning coffee. I try to have a couple tubs of the Prince on hand at all times. Sometimes I will get one of the other Codger blends, such as SWR, Velvet or Granger and add some Super Value Chocolate to it. You can add as much chocolate tobacco to the mix as suits your fancy. I have even added some Super Value Chocolate to Prince Albert to give it a little extra boost.