PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

geirove

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 10, 2014
Arghh!!

My train home was delayed allmost 2 hours, meaning I lost my connecting train. So here I am, stuck all night, freezing and reading the forum.
When im home in 5 hours, im gonna have 5 sausages, watch a Rambo movie and smoke some EMP

geirove

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 10, 2014
I allways have my Falcon with me, gonna have my 3 bowl of Golden Cavendish soon

bigpond

Lifer
Oct 14, 2014
Geez, that reminds me of when I moved out of Boston to Worcester MA and had a 3 hours train trip each way to work/home. A single cloud over the track would cause the railway to shut down. Anyway, I feel your pain. Hopefully you have someone really eager at home. Chin up ol' bean.

geirove

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 10, 2014
Geez, that reminds me of when I moved out of Boston to Worcester MA and had a 3 hours train trip each way to work/home. A single cloud over the track would cause the railway to shut down. Anyway, I feel your pain. Hopefully you have someone really eager at home. Chin up ol' bean.
Thanks :) Im commuting, a 6 hour train trip every 3 out of 4 weeks, its the last time I have taken the last train home...

carver

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 29, 2015
Belgium
I can relate ... in an way.

I just changed jobs and moved cities.

Being a foreigner in China, the company helps us with airport transit and things like that.

So yesterday I took a late flight from Wuhan to Hangzhou.

Should have been 21.50-->23.10

The company was already not particularly fond of sending someone to pick me up at 11pm.

That's when the airline announced "some delay"... rofl.

Eventually I landed in Hangzhou around 1am, the person they sent was a 22 yo assistant that had surely better things to do than go wait for 2 hours at the airport in the middle of the night.

Added the hour transit back to the city from airport.

I think "the new guy" made a great first impression.
Damn'. :oops:

I think they are making me pay, I've been waiting for an hour for the person that is supposed to come and pick me up. :lol:

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
Norway?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFHmlOeRFqA
Maybe you need some forest exposure.
This however:
When im home in 5 hours, im gonna have 5 sausages, watch a Rambo movie and smoke some EMP
Is pure hilarity. I can't think of a better way to tell off the world.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
One time, I had a long wait trying to get from Jamaica in Queens to Belmont Park. We finally made it, but not for the first race. In fact, when we all hustled to the escalator to get up to the track, with a crowd of people on it the escalator backed up and dumped us all on each other. By the time I got to the betting window, I wasn't feeling too lucky. It was a pretty day, and I won at a race or two, and smoked a cigar or two, and savored those great hoofed athletes. The train back was right on time.

ottorank56

Lurker
Oct 4, 2015
Backbin the 90's I was working for the USPS. I came across a 1040 opened and saw that a train engineer made 80,000 in pay thst year. I was impressed because the conductor is in charge of the train.

pappymac

Lifer
Feb 26, 2015
Made a trip from Seward, Alaska to Beaumont, TX one time while I was in the Coast Guard. Almost didn't make the first plane from Seward to Juneau because the plane was over its weight limit. They finally had some extra cargo taken off and we were able to board. Landed in Juneau 5 minutes too late to make the connecting flight. Alaska Airlines got some of us on the next flight to Seattle two hours later but we of course missed out connecting flights and since it was after 11 pm Seattle time when we landed were stuck in the airport until the next morning. This was back in the mid-70s and airlines didn't penalize you as they do now for missed flights. Finally caught a connecting flight to Dallas and this time the flight leaving Dallas for Beaumont was delayed because the pilot didn't show up on time. Later learned that the scheduled pilot had shown up drunk so they had to get another pilot to make the flight. All in all it cost me a day's leave to make the trip home.
Fortunately, I had a pipe with me and some OTC and this was in the 70s and smoking in airports were still allowed.

Status
Not open for further replies.