Batten Down the Hatches, Boys! That #@!&* Ida is Headed for South Central Louisiana.

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

pappymac

Lifer
Feb 26, 2015
I've taken what precautions I usually take for hurricanes and will make my evacuation decision Saturday morning.
I hope all my pipe smoking brothers and sisters in South Louisiana, Mississippi and SE Texas stay safe over the coming four or five days.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Oh horrible. Fred came up through Florida but made it to Tennessee and Western North Carolina and the flooding was deadly. So I watch the tropical storm and hurricane maps like a hawk. I sure hope this one peters out or veers off to nowhere --although even when they go out to sea, some sailors catch hell, as I can attest. Best practice is to take a ship out to sea so it doesn't get dashed against the land.

pappymac

Lifer
Feb 26, 2015
I think I’m gonna be on the west side of the eye, better place, less wind and water, it was pickup day today, some things went in barn, filling water jugs up, I’ve got a natural gas Gen, so hopefully it gonna turn the lights on, the further East it goes the better for the wife and I.
And here I am hoping the eye stays on the same track they "forecast". Of it doesn't drift any further east, we will only see winds in the 50-60 mph range with gusts up to 80 mph.

And as I typed that they reported a slight shift East.

Last edited:

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Tennessee doesn't get the deadly wind, but they caught it from the flooding in the mountains. Here it comes again. It looks like the western part of N.C. could get some heavy rain. Rain in the mountains is like a white water rapids running down vertically. Even a summer downpour looks deadly. Hope for the best. Remember, flooding is more dangerous than the wind in terms of injuries and lose of life. People get caught out surveying the damage after the winds have passed. Be cautious both coastal and inland.