PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

simong

Lifer
Oct 13, 2015
UK
Hello everyone, I'm going to barcelona next week working for a couple of days. Anybody been there recently? I remember a good one by the old cathedral, but that was a few years ago.

kaboom

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 12, 2012
there's a pretty decent one in "La Rambla". Expensive and touristy but sports an impressive selection of pipes and tobaccos specially for a Spanish tobacconist, since most of them really suck.

Can't really say much more than this since I'm from Madrid, I live in Mallorca and I've only visited Barcelona a couple of times and didn't really go tobacconist-hunting...

johnscs

Might Stick Around
May 23, 2009
I second Kaboom and arno665. I was in BCN in June-July - dropped in at both locations and made some interesting finds. I was pleasantly surprised to find the prices of pipes to be pretty reasonable (especially given the favorable euro-to-dollar exhchange rate). Estanco offers a pretty extensive selection of tobaccos, along with cigars. A shame the Pipa Club has shut down (for the moment, anyway). Let us know about your trip! Safe travels.

pipefish

Can't Leave
Aug 25, 2013
Hey Simon,
I was in Barcelona a few years back and wrote up this review--hope you find it helpful:
http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/pipe-tobacco-retailers-in-barcelona-spain

sallow

Lifer
Jun 30, 2013
Have a good trip. I have not been to Spain but wish to go one day.
Have a vermut for me, please.

Status
Not open for further replies.