PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

kg.legat0

Lifer
Sep 6, 2019
Southwestern PA
Hey folks,

Just got this pipe in the mail today, I smoked a bowl out of it so I imagine it'd be too late for a return but really don't care if this isn't a problem..the first smoke was fantastic. Just looks like someone nicked the bowl wall when drilling the shank. Will this crater just fill up with cake or am I bound to have a cracked bowl sooner than later? I am newer to briar, used to not thinking twice about anything with cobs...

p.s. this goes a little deeper than the picture shows fwiwbaraccini1.jpg

jhowell

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 25, 2019
Phoenix, Arizona
Hey folks,

Just got this pipe in the mail today, I smoked a bowl out of it so I imagine it'd be too late for a return but really don't care if this isn't a problem..the first smoke was fantastic. Just looks like someone nicked the bowl wall when drilling the shank. Will this crater just fill up with cake or am I bound to have a cracked bowl sooner than later? I am newer to briar, used to not thinking twice about anything with cobs...

p.s. this goes a little deeper than the picture shows fwiwView attachment 25604
Fill it with pipe mud and keep smoking...

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
Will this crater just fill up with cake or am I bound to have a cracked bowl sooner than later?
From a non briar smoking guy, I would think it would easily fill with cake as you smoke it. Should be ok. My lame observation though...

Reactions: kg.legat0

mikefu

Lifer
Mar 28, 2018
Green Bay
If you've already smoked it, keep it and keep smoking it, and like the above posts said, it shouldn't be a problem at all. The only issues I've had are with unseen flaws beneath the surface that have burned out to bigger troubles, and that has been in 2 out of 60+ pipes.

Reactions: BROBS and kg.legat0
Status
Not open for further replies.