PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

nbpiper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 31, 2011
Does anyone know if you can still get Balkan Sasieni? I tried to order some a couple of months ago, but everywhere I looked was sold out. Went looking again the other day and again, none available. Is this no longer being produced? Or does anyone know of something that is similar in taste to it?

rcstan

Lifer
Mar 7, 2012
Sunset Beach NC
I think it has to do with the Stokkebye take-over since it is made by Stokkebye.
The only place that I have seen it in stock is HERE
From what I have tried, and is not much, FMOTT sort of tastes like it, and so does Sutliff Westminster. FMOTT isn't as "Oriental" and Westminster is not as well rounded.

nbpiper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 31, 2011
Thanks for the recommendation on Balkan Flake. Had one sitting in my cart but wasn't really sure if I was going to grab it or not. I didn't find FMOTT tasted much like it, but I might grab a tin of Westminster and give it a shot.

nameshy

Lurker
Apr 20, 2010
On February 28, 2012, when Pipes Magazine published its interview with the Brand Manager for the new distributor for Balkan Sasieni, it was said that having its tobacco out-of-stock would be a thing of the past. It would be good to know what the explanation for this contradiction is.

rcstan

Lifer
Mar 7, 2012
Sunset Beach NC
@nameshy .... I guess the "good stuff" ( Sasieni and the Luxury Flakes : Navy, Twist, Bullseye ) they were low on in the first place and they have to catch up .......

tedvig

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 21, 2011
PS Balkan Supreme is supposedly the same thing. Not sure if it's true but it's good.

Status
Not open for further replies.