Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 8, 2013
I have a bunch of Blue Mountain tins squirreled away, which I believe is somewhat similar to Balkan Blue. One day I will like latakia again and give BM a try.
Blue Mountain is way better than Balkan Blue.

sittingbear

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 20, 2015
Olympia, WA
I found Cornell & Diehl's Mountain Camp to be similar. At least, I lumped them together in my mind, which doesn't exactly say much, but there you go. Plus, Mountain Camp has the advantage of being sold in bulk.

blendtobac

Lifer
Oct 16, 2009
I have a bunch of Blue Mountain tins squirreled away, which I believe is somewhat similar to Balkan Blue.
Actually, they're the same tobacco. It was released as Blue Mountain, but the people who grow Blue Mountain coffee in Jamaica either sent a cease and desist or threatened to sue, so they changed the name to Balkan Blue.
Russ

Jan 8, 2013
:rofl: I think he was joshing, Russ. That being said, I preferred the original name, Blue Mountain. But I suppose it was the blend itself that really matters, not the name it was given. I'm sure I'd still enjoy Black House if it was called Pink Cottage. :rofl:

kola

Lifer
Apr 1, 2014
Colorado Rockies, Cripple Creek region
BM or BB, a John Hanna 759 match blend ? I never found this to be anything special or his Wilderness & Legends mix. I always got a metallic taste out of them. OTOH I have never been a fan of MCC blends anywho.
Russ O's Blackhouse is IMO the best 759 match.

jeff540

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 25, 2016
Southwest Virginia
None can come close to the buttery Orientals. What leaf is giving that smooth taste?
This is the key IMHO. Obviously the Oriental leaf producers weren't affected by FDA, USDA, etc. I know it's not quite so simple, but I wonder where that particular supplied leaf is going to now that McClelland is no more.

Status
Not open for further replies.