PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

kanse

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 9, 2016
I've been looking at Baki Pipes for a while now, but can not find any contacts of him anywhere.
I live near Turkey so it's far more practical for me to get in touch with him and order the pipe directly,

Does anybody have an E-mail?

danno44

Lurker
Jan 4, 2017
PM sent (wasn't sure I could post his email here). My Baki I acquired this year is an excellent smoking pipe. Well worth the $ IMO.

ravenwolf

Can't Leave
Mar 18, 2014
I've met the gentleman who is selling Baki pipes in the US, it was some years ago and I can't recall his name at the moment - I'm not sure how or if a person can bypass the distribution, as it seemed to be just him.
Hey, try though, maybe you can score a nice pipe at a nice price. Baki pipes are worth paying the money for in all cases, if you enjoy meerschaum. I have a couple that are great.

jerry

Dec 2, 2009
Western Massachusetts
Deniz Ural is the gentleman selling Baki pipes. I don't know how to contact Mr. Baki directly. In my opinion, meerschaums crafted by Mr. Baki are superior pipes, and Deniz is a good guy who has much experience in the meerschaum trade.

lasttango

Sep 29, 2012
Wilmington, De / Ithaca, NY
Glad I stumbled on this thread a couple weeks ago... Found the site and got this one:

bc902gal_zpswhpu0vph.jpg

Very well made. Solid, yet light... Mouthpiece is perfect. Briar-like tenon. It was definitely worth the money. I have had several different meerschaums in my hand and knew right away they weren't going to be a keeper... This one is different. This one is awesome. Definitely a keeper.

sfduke

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 14, 2012
Deniz is a true gentleman to deal with. Got my Baki from him.
The Baki author is not common and perfect for those that love the chubby author shape (Sav 320)

jayski

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 20, 2017
I have been to best meerschaum. Is there any other places I can find Baki pipes for sale?

azpipe

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 25, 2015
I have been to best meerschaum. Is there any other places I can find Baki pipes for sale?
I was always under the impression there was only one distributor for Baki pipes and it is indeed
http://bestmeerschaums.homestead.com/bakipipes.html
It's not the most user friendly website but it appears there are a few Baki's for sale at the moment.
This prince of wales is a true specimen
http://bestmeerschaums.homestead.com/BC904.html

jayski

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 20, 2017
It is quite the looker! I have browsed this piece a couple of times thus far. I need to stop. I just bought a Castillo.

azpipe

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 25, 2015
Yes, but while castellos will be made for years to come, Baki will only be making pipes for only so much longer......
Give in
Buy the Baki

jayski

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 20, 2017
@azpipe you sir are the downfall of my fight against PAD. It is true that such a carver will unfortunately one day cease to make these fine pieces of art and smoking pleasure. So your argument to buy such a pipe before it’s extinction is well noted. Next month, on the 23rd, the day I allot myself a 300$ limit to satisfy my PAD I will be hunting for a Baki. I may have to add the next months fund if needed. Again, when you allot yourself 300$ a month for a pipe there may be a problem or... just a new found passion.

azpipe

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 25, 2015
@azpipe you sir are the downfall of my fight against PAD.
sorry about that
rationalizing some of the most irrational things is what makes us human :)
besides, $300 a month doesnt sound too bad when you compare it to to say, $700 a month
look at it like your saving $400 a month by sticking to your budget
but in all seriousness, if you get a baki, please post some pics
i'd love to see them

Status
Not open for further replies.