PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

sherlock

Can't Leave
Aug 21, 2011
Today was awful, I wont bore you with the details, first thing I wanted to do is light up 1-Q. Im not sure what it is but when I have had an especially bad day this is the tobacco that alway sells to make me feel better and I don't smoke that many aros. Anyway what makes your bad day better?
Edit: Moved to Pipe Tobacco Discussion, L

markw4mms

Lifer
Jun 16, 2011
Bremen,GA
I don't have a single blend that just seems to make my problems go away so to speak. I can smoke most anything I have on a bad day, and it will get better.

Oct 22, 2011
Great topic. For me, it's Irish Flake. The Nic wallop is, of course, a big part of the reason. Additionally, and perhaps more importantly, I always slow my cadence on this one --- to savor the flavors. There is something unique about the taste of IF that just puts me in a calm and contemplative place.

philip

Lifer
Oct 13, 2011
Puget Sound
I can smoke most anything I have on a bad day, and it will get better.

1Q would probably be my first choice. But I agree the marc the mod. If I am enjoying a relaxing bowl of anything, it's no longer a bad day.

Nov 14, 2009
Flowery Branch, GA
I can smoke just about anything when I've had a rough/bad day, but I have noticed that I lean towards some of my staple blends more than something I only smoke periodically.
Mine tend to be Penzance, 7 Seas blends, HH Vintage Syrian, and HH Mature Virginia.

jchaplick

Lifer
May 8, 2011
For me, its not so much what blend, as what pipe. I like my most comfortable broken in pipe, and some sort of sweet virginian. Maybe Orlik. Maybe an aro, love rum and maple. But like i said, what pipe, not what blend. I find more comfort in a pipe

Jul 15, 2011
I've been smoking Storm Front on crappy days lately. A real good rich and smooth blend that is very fire and forget, needs little attention, and has a very nice taste and has a smell that doesn't get me kicked out of the house.

sherlock

Can't Leave
Aug 21, 2011
FMOTT is usual go to blend so this is another good blend for me to reach for on a bad day. I think I just like 1-Q because its simple and almost always smokes well even if I puff like a maniac.

hobie1dog

Lifer
Jun 5, 2010
Cornelius, NC
Penzance...but I'd rather have some wacky-weed (which would really smooth things out) but too many laws, rules, regulations, money mongers, and control freaks to allow that. :crying:

smokey422

Can't Leave
Nov 20, 2011
I just pick out one of my favorite tobaccos, depending on my preference that particular day. Right now it would probably be Peretti's D-7485, C&D Plantation Evening, or Boswell's Magnum Blend.
Smokey

Status
Not open for further replies.