PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

irishsmoker

Lifer
Feb 14, 2012
Well I ended up in the ER last night with non stop severe chest pain. Well the doctor's told me that on top of my ptsd I have severe anxiety. And I had almost had a heart attack. He told me that I shouldn't smoke cigarettes anymore. When i asked him about smoking my pipes he actually encouraged it.

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
Hell yeah that's good news. Sorry to hear about the heart scare though.
I think everyone here will side with the doc and say to smoke more pipes.
But if you inhale the pipes... then you're defeating the purpose of the switch.
Smoke some nic heavy blends and you shouldn't need to inhale and you'll get the kick you need to fight the cigs!

lonestar

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
Edgewood Texas
Glad to hear the encouragement from your doctor, sorry to hear of your health problems.

Going to send you a pm in a bit to speak about some similar issues in private.

Best of luck with your health.

havanarick

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 4, 2012
Texas
irishsmoker, Hope you get to feeling better. I am at the point also where I need to quit the nails, I have high anxiety and take high blood pressure meds, so maybe I need to really think about quitting the cigs.

You take care of yourself...

irishsmoker

Lifer
Feb 14, 2012
Thank you all I have a hard fight ahead of me and will be looking to you all for advice about pipe smoking and possibly other issues.

adam12

Part of the Furniture Now
May 16, 2011
Hang in there man! Suffice to say, we're glad you're around to tell about it

irishsmoker

Lifer
Feb 14, 2012
I thank you guys for tour support! It has had my mind in quit the quandary. My fiance says when I worry I go into "Sherlock Holmes" mode. I'll go sit alone and smoke several bowls and meditate on my troubles.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
Sorry to hear that...hang in there. Hope you get feeling better. My two cents, for what it's worth, is seek out natural health solutions if/when possible.

cajunguy

Jan 22, 2012
Metairie, LA
I'm very sorry to read about your hospital trip. I know anxiety issues very well. I think the cigarettes are a small price, but you still have the pipe. And you have our crazy troop of puffers right with you.
Hope you're feeling better soon.

gecko13

Feb 2, 2011
Goodyear,AZ
@Irish Glad to hear your doing better. Pipes the only way to go. Better flavor, lots more variety, and a bunch of great guys to chat with (whens the last time you saw a cigarette smoking forum).
Take care and God Bless.

Gecko

irishsmoker

Lifer
Feb 14, 2012
Oh and the reason I was willing to tell you all this is because in my opinion pipe smokers are more understanding.

Status
Not open for further replies.