PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

shikano53

Lifer
May 26, 2015
Hi folks. I haven't been around for quite sometime and I hope all the usual gang (plus new comers) are all good. I am finding that my palette is changing and I have added a few VaPers to my rotation. Mac Baren H&H Old Dark Fired, PS LNF, McClelland 2020 Matured Kake, PS LBEF and finally a few ounces of C&D Engine 99 since I have read so much about it. I realize that Engine 99 isn't a Vaper but reading the reviews and other comments by folks here decided me on purchasing some.

I had my right rotator cuff surgically repaired three weeks ago since the Long head or biceps tendon was completely cut. I had my left one done in 2012 and finally after 18 months of waiting, got the right one fixed. I'm really glad to have gotten this repaired and look forward to being able to get on with a lot of activities that were limited just because of the nature of rotator cuff injuries. I saw the orthopedic surgeon this past week and I have 4 more weeks of basically doing nothing until I get his approval to start physio-therapy.

It's all good though. Don't know how much longer I can milk it so that my wife continues to grind my coffee beans for me but we will see.

Hope everyone is in top form!

Happy puffing to all! :puffpipe:

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
If anesthesia can disable consciousness, why then can't they leave the switch off until the pain is over? Those few awful postoperative days are days I could do without. Glad your time under the knife went well. Happy healing.

shikano53

Lifer
May 26, 2015
Thanks folks

Nate - The great thing is getting a bit better everyday. Two aspects are the shear boredom and not being able to do anything at all. Finally was able to enjoy a bowl yesterday. Quite a challenge changing into my smoking clothes and getting positioned in the garage.

I just finished a bowl of Erik Stokkebye 1882. This is a very nice English.

gmjabsky

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 3, 2015
Wishing you a complete and quick recovery! Have you had to switch up your pipe-handling hand?

shikano53

Lifer
May 26, 2015
gm, yes. Can't use the right. I have discovered though that smoking one of my Churchwardens helps a lot.

weezell :clap:

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
Glad you are back. Happy recovery, and I hope that the additional use of your limb is everything you hoped for!

davidintexas

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 4, 2013
Glad to see you back. Hope you mend up well before the end of baseball season. The Rangers are in desperate need of some bullpen help. Any chance?

shikano53

Lifer
May 26, 2015
jv, you remember my misadventure in the garage. I blame it on the Nightcap - Dunhill I mean.

The other nightcap was after. A few I think, time dims the memory.

Daveid, I'm holding out for the Jays, man!

Status
Not open for further replies.