New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought prices were kind of high at the B&Ms around me, but now I don't feel so bad... most bulks are 4 or 5 bucks an ounce, and tins average around $15. Square tins (HH, St Bruno, Capstan) and Esotericas are kinda jacked up at $18.50. I can usually pick up Balkan Sasieni for $10! The only bad thing is they are all over an hour away.
Obviously, that source is a great one. They probably aren't making money, but maybe cigars are their bread and butter. I would definitely hit that Esoterica supply.

Reactions: rushx9 and BROBS

kschatey

Lifer
Oct 16, 2019
Ohio
I am traveling and stopped at a nice cigar and pipe shop in PGH. The tin and bulk prices were about 150% of online prices, which seemed reasonable overall. I have been in other shops where the prices are more like 300% of online prices.

rushx9

Lifer
Jul 10, 2019
Shelby, NC
Obviously, that source is a great one. They probably aren't making money, but maybe cigars are their bread and butter. I would definitely hit that Esoterica supply.
One is McCranie's in Charlotte. They're just plain awesome but when they do get Esotericas they go fast. The other is a hole in the wall "Cigar Hut"(in an old pizza hut) where they do plenty of cigar biz but the only pipe tobacco they really sell is house aromatics. Anything with latakia had a thick layer of dust on it. I picked up a tin of ASTB and a few bulk ounces of Grasmere and Planta Mild English (syrian lat?) and they looked at me like I was fresh off the mothership!

hymnchimney

Might Stick Around
Feb 18, 2020
Morganton, NC
My B&M has comparable prices to internet, maybe $3-$4 more expensive sometimes, but I'm not paying shipping and they have more difficult to find products like Esoterica, SG, and Sobranie, so it often comes out in the wash for me. All in all, I'd say it's cheaper to buy from my B&M and the selection is better. Although, I normally only buy a tin or two at a time, so I'm rarely hitting that free shipping level. Maybe if I were getting free shipping it'd be different.

Reactions: Bowie and rushx9

Bowie

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 24, 2019
Minnesota
I went to a B&M in Colorado while traveling last week, GoodFellas Smoke Shop in Castle Rock. It is that is primarily a cigar/vape shop, but it has a decent pipe tobacco selection, including a few tins, bulk in jars, and Sutliff one pound bags. I recommend a visit if you are nearby.

Tins like Peterson 3Ps and Mac Baren Vanilla Flake were $15-20. One pound bags of Sutliff blends were about $45 if I recall.

These prices are obviously higher than online, but I had the cash and picked up three tins that I probably would never get online due to procrastination ("Next order!").

Another nearby tobacco shop had OTC blends only, and boxes of Carter Hall were about $5, which is a good price.

All of it's cheaper than here in MN, where I have yet to see a tin in a store, and if I did, it would be over $20 due to our high state tobacco tax.

Next trip I hope to hit the big shop in Colorado, Edwards Pipe in Englewood. It didn't work out this time.

Reactions: dcon
Status
Not open for further replies.