PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cynicismandsugar

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 17, 2015
Springfield, Mo
So, today I'm officially old enough to do all the things I could do yesterday; but the wife still goes out of her way to make me indulge (even more than usual) and enjoy myself. As I blew the dust off the last bit of my STONEHAVEN, Juli Ann surprised me with another tin! Say what you will, but my gal definately pays attention.
After my morning pipe, my better half is encouraging another. I don't have the heart to open the new tin yet, so I have to find an acceptable substitution.
So, we're sitting down about to watch Blood Simple. I have my glass of cold brew ready, and some Balvenie 15 year-old on standby (for after dinner)... I need a suggestion on a tobacco to celebrate another year closer to the grave. I assume that with several suggestions, I must have something sitting in my cellar that matches.
Thanks!

simong

Lifer
Oct 13, 2015
UK
Treat yourself to a nice cigar Jeffrey, it's your birthday! I usually try for a partagas or a Romeo y julieta on mine, or Christmas or when I can afford one, any excuse really to have one.

Many happy returns of the day to you anyway.

cynicismandsugar

Nov 17, 2015
Springfield, Mo
Thank you, SimonG! I do have some of those sittin' in my humidor, along with a couple of Cohibas... maybe today is the day! Or, at least, a lil' later in the week when the kiddos are back in school.

simong

Lifer
Oct 13, 2015
UK
Put the kids to bed early & light your cigar Jeffrey! Balvennie on the side, lovely stuff. It's your birthday after all mate!

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
Well, I'm currently head over heals for McConnell's Latakia Flake so that's what I suggest. It's a damn good smoke, I only wish they would have named it something more appropriate.

ophiuchus

Lifer
Mar 25, 2016
If Mrs. Deal is as supportive of your cigar smoking as she is of your pipe hobby, I have to go with the other gentleman here. Cigar!
Then have bowl of the B-Day present. :mrgreen:

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
Man, my wife is totally accepting of my pipe smoking, but always complains about how long it takes...and ur other half wants you to smoke more??? Very cool!

cynicismandsugar

Nov 17, 2015
Springfield, Mo
Thank you, good sirs! The stogie won out (Cohiba Black)! ... followed by a bowl of my present (again). Between the coffee and tobacco, I was up until the wee hours of the morning (researching Castello history).
Thank you to everyone; I hope the rest of your year(s) are as satisfying as my day was!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I think the cigar, and then after a respectful pause to clear the palate, maybe a bowl of your favorite leaf, whatever you have open, or would like to open, for the occasion. Think of it as happiness that will extend your life, and put off your peaceful rest.

krizzose

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
Michigan
It's your birthday, so celebrate. Have a bowl of some of your oldest Christmas Cheer with your Scotch. Then have that cigar. If it were me, I'd go for a Fuente Hemingway Signature. I think good red va pipe tobacco and Cameroon wrapped cigars are in the same wheelhouse: rich and flavorful without being overbearing. Or whatever varieties float your boat, but definitely both

bigpond

Lifer
Oct 14, 2014
Imo, whatever it takes to put your wife into an amorous mode. If that's molto dolce, take one for the team.

cynicismandsugar

Nov 17, 2015
Springfield, Mo
Imo, whatever it takes to put your wife into an amorous mode. If that's molto dolce, take one for the team.
She's the kinda gal that loves the smell of Hearth & Home's Cerberus. Tonight she insisted on the house smelling like Haunted Bookshop, before the weekend was over.
I need to loan her out to other pipe smokers.

Status
Not open for further replies.