PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

dcicero

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 23, 2019
Michigan
I love Dreams of Kadath. The other night I had quite an enjoyable time with a bit of port and Miskatonic Mixture. So I bought C&Ds Awakened Elder to see if there is something to the Old Ones series. I had read about it before and it seemed a cluster of tobaccos haphazardly thrown together. I couldn't taste it by reading its description so I stayed away. But I'm glad I finally took the plunge.

On a warm, rainy day in Florida I was surprised at how the elements played their part. Upon lighting, the Orientals wet the palate and construct somewhat of a hallway of doors through which each of the other components will enter. But only for a time, possibly leaving as quickly as they've entered, and without rhyme or reason. Its possible two or more mingle in the hallway at once, but if so, I'm not able to detect. Instead, as one reviewer wrote, it seems as though the varieties are fighting to be the star of the show. I disagree. I taste no conflict. Nobody pushes the other out. When one enters the other departs gracefully. And there are times when the hallway remains empty for a stretch, while we wait to see what the Orientals will awaken next. Latakia? Cavendish? Virginia? Burley? Perique? Maybe that's what the name is referring to. Or not. Either way, since my first bowl I've not been able to shake my interest in venturing down its corridor. Not knowing what to expect is delightful, and haunting.

jerseysam

Can't Leave
Mar 24, 2019
Liberty Township. OH
While it sounds gimmicky, the Old Ones series is very solid. Dreams of Kadath always gets the spotlight, but I'd recommend Mad Fiddler flake as a top-shelf option as well. If you haven't given that blend a whirl yet dcicero.....it's worth a try for sure if you like the flavors in AE.

dcicero

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 23, 2019
Michigan
While it sounds gimmicky, the Old Ones series is very solid. Dreams of Kadath always gets the spotlight, but I'd recommend Mad Fiddler flake as a top-shelf option as well. If you haven't given that blend a whirl yet dcicero.....it's worth a try for sure if you like the flavors in AE.
I will try it out then!

Reactions: BROBS

marlinspike

Can't Leave
Feb 19, 2020
The PNW
I bought a batch of the Lovecraft-themed tins when Smokingpipes had their C &D sake recently, but I haven’t cracked any of them open yet.

Reactions: BROBS
Status
Not open for further replies.