PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ray47

Lifer
Jul 10, 2015
Dalzell, South Carolina
It is a popular blend from C&D, but I just can't handle the acidic taste I get. It wasn't that way when I smoked it years ago and I've smoked at least 2 lbs of it. I couldn't smoke it in the house because my wife's eyes would burn and she'd begin coughing. AE is the only blend that has effected her. I finally had to throw away what I had left and have never smoked it again. That's sad because I never throw away a blend.

FurCoat

Lifer
Sep 21, 2020
North Carolina
It is a popular blend from C&D, but I just can't handle the acidic taste I get. It wasn't that way when I smoked it years ago and I've smoked at least 2 lbs of it. I couldn't smoke it in the house because my wife's eyes would burn and she'd begin coughing. AE is the only blend that has effected her. I finally had to throw away what I had left and have never smoked it again. That's sad because I never throw away a blend.
I got the taste of celery seed from it which I also get from Half and Half. My wife wasn't fond of it either.

blackpowderpiper

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 19, 2018
Middle Tennessee
Autumn Evening was a blend I really wanted to like. I love the tin art and also enjoy pancakes with maple syrup. However, I generally don't enjoy aromatics and sadly this was no exception. I keep a jar of it around and smoke it once in awhile hoping I'll learn to like it but so far that hasn't happened. But there is no shame to be felt in enjoying any blend.

Jaylotw

Lifer
Mar 13, 2020
NE Ohio
I like it. I keep some in the garage/woodshop along with a cob. We don’t smoke in the house, but will sometimes smoke in the garage. The smell travels throughout the house through the attic and ductwork etc so I smoke something my girlfriend likes the smell of when I’m out there making sawdust. I used to hear a lot of, “I can smell that pipe smoke in the bedroom” when I’d smoke VAs or English blends out there, but now I don’t hear any complaints.

It’s sweet, tasty and perfectly acceptable to like and enjoy. Nice thick smoke, too. While I personally really only smoke it for the aforementioned room note reasons, I wouldn’t even do that if I didn’t think it was fine on its own merits.

Smoke what you like, whatever it is!

PipesRock

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 21, 2020
Florida
I jokingly trash Autumn Evening from time to time but aside from preference, I think I haven't slowed my smoking cadence enough to enjoy stronger Aromatics. That's mostly on me and not the blend. I certainly agree with others here, enjoy what you like.

biz

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 7, 2020
Florida
I am not ashamed, it was a joke. There is a stigma in the pipe world about Aromatics. I myself have no problem with them, but others do.

Status
Not open for further replies.