PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sunriseboy

Has anyone noticed that nothing coming via Perth manages to arrive.
It seems since this 'Mexican beer' virus has started everything is going via Hong Kong and not Japan.

• Sad
Reactions: chopper

Lyle b

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 8, 2019
Northern rivers nsw Australia
Has anyone noticed that nothing coming via Perth manages to arrive.
It seems since this 'Mexican beer' virus has started everything is going via Hong Kong and not Japan.
Lost 5 orders to the west australian perth based border security scabs , you would think they would have bigger fish to fry considering the ice and meth pandemic that makes WA the most drug riddled state in Australia , rather than a few tins of tobac , just goes to show , crime does pay if your in the right business,

charf

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 10, 2018
New Zealand
It does seem like that they are very busy at the moment.
I usually get my orders in a week but lately it has been close to 3 weeks instead.
Stuffs going in all sorts of new directions since the passenger planes stopped flying.

Lyle b

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 8, 2019
Northern rivers nsw Australia
Stuffs going in all sorts of new directions since the passenger planes stopped flying.
Yea I shouldn't winge or bitch just think there's bigger issues , anyway least someone's enjoying my baccy now , and thanks to a generous fellow piper , shout out to sunriseboy , for helping me out , I will be right till things get back to normal .

Reactions: charf

Briar Baron

Can't Leave
Sep 30, 2016
Sydney
This was my post from July to a similar thread.....

They (Australian Customs) have the time, motivation and spite in ample portions........now that I stopped buying pipe tobacco I tried to get a few cigars in.

Even 2 or 3 small cigars get caught, then duty, GST and tax on supposed shipping is added. Firstly they proportion the weight of the cigar above actual weight, then they pick a number for the cost of shipping, usually 3 x the actual charged cost, (it is printed on the box by the vendor but they ignore that) and then apply GST (10%) to the inflated fictional shipping cost, and then come up with a BS number for the total amount to be paid. Had to let several packages be destroyed rather than pay some outrageous amount. Yep plenty of time and an abundance of spite. Good to know how a government will respond when we are in deep trouble with COVID and the impacts of that, they are a total disgrace.

lawdawg

Lifer
Aug 25, 2016
Sorry to hear about the problems you guys are facing in Australia with tobacco shipping. I'm sure you all know about the problems we are facing in the U.S. with the FDA placing all sorts of barriers on the sale and production of blends. I'm generally concerned with the rise of what I could only call bureaucratic authoritarianism across the Western world. It's like a never-ending, out-of-control snowballing effect of rules upon rules upon rules. Smoke em while you got em!

Dec 6, 2019
AL/GA
Sorry to hear about the problems you guys are facing in Australia with tobacco shipping. I'm sure you all know about the problems we are facing in the U.S. with the FDA placing all sorts of barriers on the sale and production of blends. I'm generally concerned with the rise of what I could only call bureaucratic authoritarianism across the Western world. It's like a never-ending, out-of-control snowballing effect of rules upon rules upon rules. Smoke em while you got em!

And that stuff is contagious.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Customs around the world seem to be built-in quagmires in the best of times generating inefficiency and in many places corruption on a regular basis. I don't think there is a good model for legislating or administering customs anywhere in the world. Even the orderly Canadians, who I have come to admire in so many respects, seem to have the same old troubles. And please don't look closely at the U.S. on this score. So it is other troubles compounding customs troubles in a familiar way.

chopper

Lifer
Aug 24, 2019
The level of authoritarianism I've been hearing coming from Australia is astonishing, especially with regards to tobacco regulations and now Flu 2.0 lockdowns and restrictions that are straight out of a George Orwell book.
Depends on the State.
I've not noticed much of a difference since the Chinavirus scam started.
Businesses open. No one wears a mask.

Go south to Victoria, a er let's call it the most politically correct State in the country, went delirious with power, destroying whatever they could.
Of course once it's over and they've trashed their economy, they'll expect the Feds to bail them out.
It's what the 'politically correct' do.

Worknman

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 23, 2019
Depends on the State.
I've not noticed much of a difference since the Chinavirus scam started.
Businesses open. No one wears a mask.

Go south to Victoria, a er let's call it the most politically correct State in the country, went delirious with power, destroying whatever they could.
Of course once it's over and they've trashed their economy, they'll expect the Feds to bail them out.
It's what the 'politically correct' do.
Sounds very similar to to what we have going on in the states.Some governors are drunk off their new found power and the sheeple are happy to go along with it ?

chopper

Lifer
Aug 24, 2019
Sounds very similar to to what we have going on in the states.Some governors are drunk off their new found power and the sheeple are happy to go along with it ?
It's a shame that political discussion is verboten here because I've got some rather firm opinions on that.

Those with open eyes know the culprits. The Sheeple are awakening. Patriots will arise!

Thing is that this is not a one poltical party v another. This is a fight of good v evil . . . . oops, no religion too. ;)

[apologies to John Lennon]

Status
Not open for further replies.