PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

mityahicks

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 18, 2018
Yes please, I have lazily been dragging my feet on the pasta press flake creation.

Reactions: seanv

burleyboy

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 30, 2019
Europe
What I wonder is, if those chunks of flake consist of the same ingredients as the ribbons in the blend...

In addition to that, I fully second your demand.

Reactions: seanv

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Ever smoke this?

003-016-0126.jpg

seanv

Lifer
Mar 22, 2018
Canada
I haven't tried any of their burley flakes. For some reason they have not been on my radar

trubka2

Lifer
Feb 27, 2019
chunks of flake in Haunted Bookshop
I could be (and likely am) wrong, but I thought those chunks of flake in HB and similar C&D blends were only one of the components, the VA, if I'm not mistaken. That is, chunks of VA flake, which are mixed with various Burley ribbons and Perique. I sometimes notice pockets of sweetness in HB when I leave big flake chunks intact.

danimalia

Lifer
Sep 2, 2015
San Francisco Bay Area, USA
How are they different? I have read the descriptions but they say little about how they smoke.

The differ mostly in terms of components, but some have matching components, presumably in different proportions. For example, #3 contains DFK and perique. #4 contains Latakia. I am trying my first right now, which is BF #3. I like it an awful lot. It is woody, spicy, and very full-bodied. Fairly stout in terms of nicotine. It goes really well with coffee. Keep in mind, it is a C&D Burley so it is stronger, sharper and a bit plainer tasting than some of the other (also excellent) burley flakes by, say, McB or K&K.

I would love to try a Haunted Bookshop flake. They could offer it as a special release to gauge demand if they're not sure about demand.

Reactions: aquadoc and seanv
Status
Not open for further replies.