Attention All Pete-Nuts: When Will The LE Blends Be Availabel?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
So, it's that time of year again. Peterson has already unvailed the tin artwork for their three annual limited edition blends. Now the question is, when will they hit the American market? I loved all of last year's l.e.'s from Peterson and can't wait to try this year's. I envy those of you in Germany, not only for living in a beautiful country, but also you're the first ones to sample these lovely blends.

marmal4de

Lifer
Feb 20, 2011
Richmond, BC
So it seems even beloved pipe smoking isn't impervious to the effects of Twilight. Dracula pipes? What has this world come to?
Unless there is a really cool story to go with those butt ugly Butz-Choquin-esque pipes?
Hyde Park however, sounds nice.
EDIT: What on earth is happening at Peterson right now? Are the ''Y'Not'' cigarette holders and ''4u'' pipe line April fool's day jokes that just haven't come off the site yet?

orionpyoung

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 5, 2012
Marquette Michigan
Dracula is a character created by an Irishmen from Dublin... Bram Stoker. Let's try to keep the whole sparkling teen angst separated from literature.

marmal4de

Lifer
Feb 20, 2011
Richmond, BC
I didn't know that Bram Stoker was an Irishman, however the design department at Peterson is still sniffing the shellac a little too deeply while at the drawing board.

dylan793

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 12, 2011
Buchanan, GA
That Hyde Park sounds pretty darn good. I didn't jump into any of last year's limited edition blends. Some of them are actually still available if you look around. Depending on what they do I might check them out.
I thin the "Dracula" pipes are kind of neat. Definitely outside the norm for Peterson. Would have liked them in a sandblast however.

orionpyoung

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 5, 2012
Marquette Michigan
@Dylan I do agree, sandblast would work out beautifully on those lucite stems. But I also enjoy the ebony quite a bit, hope these aren't too limited as I would love to get the 03. All depends on the price range.

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Saw the Dracula pipes. I have to say I like them. I love the BC style stems. Really artistic and colorful. The stem was the reason I gravitated towards and eventually bought my Daccord. My guess is Peterson was going with the Irishman connection of Bram Stroker, and not trying to capitalize on the Twilight craze, especially because that craze is pretty much dead now.
Hadn't read about the Hyde Park blend. Might give that one a try. Sounds pretty interesting.

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Yeah, now I'm confused as well about the Hyde Park blend. It doesn't mention Latakia in the description, but on the official site Peterson has it teamed up with Old Dublin under the Latakia heading. Now, I know there's much debate over what an English is and isn't, but I thought an English typically was some combination of VA, Burley, and Oriental/Latakia with no casing/top dressing added. What I'm interested in finding out is if the blend has Latakia in it or not, and if it has a casing/top dressing why is it being called an English?

loborx

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 20, 2011
I'm with bigvan, a maple sugar flavored English blend? Huh? And yeah, that Dracula pipe needs to come in a sandblast. Rename it Stoker, and I'm in.

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
The Stoker pipes are cool, but I'm with others for a sandblast. The iceberg ones are cool. I like to dark blue stain. I'll never get one, but it's nice to dream. The POY 2012 line is really lame. Last year's was sooooooooo awesome! I STILL want an ebony 2011 POY...
-Jason

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I was kinda surprised with the 2012 POY line. Seems like a little nosewarmer, which is unusual. Also, I'm dying to get a 2011 POY in ebony as well. That panelled billiard looks amazing in that finish!

tomdavis

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 2, 2011
Houston TX
I scanned this thread then went to see the Dracula. I felt like I found out my father was fooling around with a tattooed teenager.

mike68

Might Stick Around
Jul 25, 2011
I'll take 2 of the Starboard models from the Iceberg collection please! Just awesome!

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
I'm totally diggin those new Dracula Petes. But I do agree they could have looked better with a sandblast, but that would have probably increased the price of the pipe. Not crazy about the finish but it may look a lot better in hand.
And ass soon as you add flavoring other than more tobacco to a blend it's no longer an english to me. That's an Aro.
Light or heavy it's an Aro. Unless is just added rum and maple "sugar" without imparting rum and maple "flavor".
No idea how that would work but I guess we'll just wait and see what it tastes like.

abecox

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 8, 2010
Hmm, I'm digging those Dracula pipes. I might have to get one... I haven't bought a new pipe in a while.

knightmare

Lurker
Apr 10, 2012
I can't wait to try Hyde Park
No kidding, Hyde Park sounds amazing! As far as the pipes, to each his own but I definitely do not like the look of them. Not normally a huge fan of black pipes to begin with and I don't really like the contrast between black and red.

rigmedic1

Lifer
May 29, 2011
Hyde park does sound amazing. But I have to say, just because it has rum and maple doesn't make it an aro. I am having my first bowl of Sextant at the moment, which has rum, and it is absolutely awesome. I don't think Mr. Pease would call it an aro. Looking forward to trying the Hyde Park to see how it compares.

Status
Not open for further replies.