PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

patiobum

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 5, 2009
Baytown,Texas
So sorry that you had a break in. We had a break in years ago and nothing came of the investigation.
Best of luck getting your stuff back.

phred

Lifer
Dec 11, 2012
That sucks, man. Best of luck with the investigation, and with your insurance company...

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
joshwolftree, boy, that brings back bad memories. I too have been burglarized for a big haul of the

usual kinds of items. It made me so wary, that now I hide a few of my "better pipes" -- though I

love 'em all -- when I go off, even for the weekend, the ones I don't take with me. How ripping sad

that's how we have to live. The crew that hit me got my late wife's engagement and wedding rings,

dumped out of the jewelry box into a duffle of mine. I'm sure they unloaded it in a hurry for a penny

on the dollar. I don't think most human beings could feel crappy enough to atone for that kind of

thing. Sadly, I think they come away from it, even after doing time, feeling crafty and a little smarter

than others. Something wrong with the way the brain is wired in these people, besides being their

own miserable faults. Hope you get some (or all!) of it back. But it is terrific they didn't get the pipes.

I think pipes are odd enough items they might get picked up on ebay or by a few pipe sites that sell

estate pipes, so the perps were lucky (probably not smart) not to try to sell them. The black market

buyers don't smoke much tobacco in pipes I don't think. They smoke, but not tobacco.

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
People used to hang for shit like this.
Sorry about your stuff. But it is just stuff. Glad everything important is still ok.

ohin3

Lifer
Jun 2, 2010
To quote Thulsa Doom: They shall all drown in lakes of blood!!! So sorry to hear of your loss. Hope everything works out bro.
Cheers.
P.

allan

Lifer
Dec 5, 2012
Bronx, NY
Josh
I guess as you can tell, many of us have gone through similar experiences as yours. Being a retail jeweler, I've experienced a total wipe out. Even though we had insurance, at that time my father was in business for over 50 years and we did not have coverage of most of our stuff.
Not to mention home burglaries. 5 in all.
My wife is so paranoid, she won't leave the house for 5 minutes without setting the alarm and will drive back no matter where she is to make sure it is set.
I just hope you had insurance, something I encourage all of my clients to obtain. It is very cheap and although won't replace valuable memories, at least you can buy replacements for your losses.
Really sorry.

tjameson

Lifer
Jun 16, 2012
I'm really sorry to hear about this Josh, but I'm glad you and your cats and pipes are ok. It really sounds like some punk kids to me that didn't really know what they were doing, either way they are the scum of the earth. I work retail (corporate run) and people steal shit all the time last week we had a guy walk in and grab a bike and then some other guy load up a backpack with about $300 worth of stuff. Being corporate run we can't even walk out the door after them but believe me when I say I want nothing but to beat them senseless and take back what others work hard to pay for. It often drives me mad for days and its not even my personal belongings so I can only imagine the feelings you the going through. I wish you the best of luck in recovering your belongings. I'd certainly check out Craigslist, eBay, the swap meets and pawn shops you never know thieves are usually dumb.

Status
Not open for further replies.