PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Casual

Lifer
Oct 3, 2019
NL, CA
I wonder what the world would look like if booze were suspended during this quarantine exercise. Alcohol withdrawal is one of the few withdrawals that can actually be fatal.

And people can become dependent over a long period with only moderate intake, so long as it is constant and lengthy, i.e., years of a couple of drinks per day. Stopped immediately, people can get pretty sick without having thought they were susceptible.

tobefrank

Lifer
Jun 22, 2015
Australia
I have a nice little whisky cellar that will carry me over for a while. Still happy to hear that they are resuming production. My fear is that 'aged' whisky will slowly disappear due to supply not being able to keep up with demand.

Reactions: Chasing Embers

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
"Trade unions argue that all production should be halted due to Covid-19."

It's all well and good the Union leaders saying all production should be stopped but folks need the work to make the money to pay the bills. The Union leaders get paid (extremely well) for doing basically bugger all.

Plus, I'll bet their cupboards are not empty of the golden stuff!

Regards,

Jay.

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
I wonder what the world would look like if booze were suspended during this quarantine exercise. Alcohol withdrawal is one of the few withdrawals that can actually be fatal.

And people can become dependent over a long period with only moderate intake, so long as it is constant and lengthy, i.e., years of a couple of drinks per day. Stopped immediately, people can get pretty sick without having thought they were susceptible.
As a young child I watched my dad hallucinate and have seizures from withdrawals.... Crazy shit!

Status
Not open for further replies.