PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

SBC

Lifer
Oct 6, 2021
NE Wisconsin
I recently posted my interest in trading for either FMOTT (an old love) or McC 40th Ann (which I regretted not trying, being a red VA fan). @timt reached out to refuse the trade and simply send me, not one, but both (!) of these (plus a tin of GHC Rum Flake, plus a tin of Dunhill Dark Flake) ...!!!

timt gift.jpg

There comes a point at which it's just embarrassing to be the recipient of so much un-called for generosity. What timt and several others (whom I've recently posted about) have shown is something way beyond just being a nice guy. These gifts have been costly and lavish.

Thank you. Thank you.

I very much look forward to doing likewise for others, as opportunity arises.

What I wouldn't give to sit down in person with all of you fine friends and enjoy these things together!

P.S. This package has actually been waiting for me a week, but we've been staying near the NICU, away from home (the baby is doing well!). My wife swung by home today to get mail (etc.) and so I've now received this.

P.P.S. The other day, my chemo nurse told me that she didn't think an occasional pipe would be too big a deal; so, when we settle back home with the baby (possibly in a couple weeks?), I intend to enjoy these ... at least a little!

DeerparkDays

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 30, 2022
Dannevirke, New Zealand
Hey SBC, I’m a bit unsure of what troubles you are going through, but you sounds like you are really appreciative of what has been sent to you from some very generous people, friends. This is what makes this forum a great place. My hat is off to you guys that have sent these gifts, the bar is indeed a high one here, top stuff fellows.
And also, all the best to you and your family. I will light a candle on our kitchen window tonight, here on the other side of the world, and it will burn for you all.

Aug 1, 2012
Of course astounding generosity also would describe your secret santa gift to me last year too. Good attracts good here often enough. You deserve all the good things coming to you @SBC And remember, this too shall pass. Whether it's the best day of your life, or the worst one, this too shall pass.

timt

Lifer
Jul 19, 2018
Just so you all know, @SBC was thinking he was only getting a tin of FMOTT and was still a little uncomfortable with accepting it as a gift and not a trade. That made it all that much more enjoyable throwing in the other tins as a surprise. Enjoy them when you can Scott.

So glad to hear that your little one is doing well!