PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
@Davy as far as I’m aware of Greg Pease adds no PG or any other additives or humectants, and to be honest, I plan to add more GLP to my stash, because of this. One thing I don’t like about heavy PG blends, many of them take a long time to dry.

I also don’t look at myself in this situation as bitching, but maybe you do, sorry if I gave this perception. Bitching to me is petty grumbling, many times without merit, people just wanting to cry for the sake of crying for their lack of character and backbone.

I do not bitch, I make observations and point them out, and sure I might not be happy about it, but I don’t bitch about it.

@TheIronMonkey I’ve smoked enough blends, and have enough experience as a pipe smoker to tell you, these two had absolutely nothing going on, so pointless to put away. By the way, I’m just expressing this kindly too... LOL 😆 The stuff was rubbish unfortunately...

@fireground_piper what I find odd is that several blends from KK were amazing, Solani 633, Solani Aged Burely Flake, and John Aylesbury Sir John’s Flake Virginia.

I actually have on hand at the moment a few tins of Aged Burley Flake, and a tin of Sir John.

Sir John is a really nice VA, one of my favorites. Cough cough, LOL, back me up here guys on this one @hoosierpipeguy who smokes it a lot, and @JimInks too. :)

I guess the only thing that comes to mind at the moment with KK, is possibly greater care and attention are going into different blends. hmm 🤔

Last edited:
Reactions: kcghost and JimInks

vosBghos

Lifer
May 7, 2022
Idaho
from the Gold Standard list of Tobacco 2018

Medium to Dark:
Astley's 109
John Aylesbury Classic Flake
Capstan Blue
GLPease Union Square
Samuel Gawith Best Brown Flake and Full Virginia Flake
Watch City Rhythm & Blues

Dark:
Astley's # 44
Rattray's Dark Fragrant
Wessex Brigade Campaign Dark Flake

was this before K&K?
are they so deformed from the OG as to be scratched from the list?
I guess Peter Heinrichs DSF is a completely different blend from when the list was compiled.

Davy

Can't Leave
Nov 22, 2022
@Davy as far as I’m aware of Greg Pease adds no PG or any other additives or humectants, and to be honest, I plan to add more GLP to my stash, because of this. One thing I don’t like about heavy PG blends, many of them take a long time to dry.

I also don’t look at myself in this situation as bitching, but maybe you do, sorry if I gave this perception. Bitching to me is petty grumbling, many times without merit, people just wanting to cry for the sake of crying for their lack of character and backbone.

I do not bitch, I make observations and point them out, and sure I might not be happy about it, but I don’t bitch about it.
? I was merely commenting on a post written by Sable.

Reactions: PipeIT