PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

addamsruspipe

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 4, 2016
Albuquerque, NM
Don't know if this helps any but found this under Derby.
-
Derby is a British label recognizable by its
cuir_billiard1e.jpg
logo engraved on the pipe in the shape of . It would appear that they were produced in Italy at the request of Comoy, who merely distributed them.

And the Made in London England is somewhat consistent with the Comoy's.

shanez

Lifer
Jul 10, 2018
Las Vegas
I can't make it out but it looks like there is writing below "Derby".

Here is your pic with a little enhancement. You can definitely see a "N" below and to the left if you zoom in a bit.

forums-6~3.jpg

Try examining the area with a loupe or magnifying glass.

Reactions: JimInks

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
My best guess would be a Derby line Oldenkott... or the sub brand.
And have look at the Derby -England entry above the Derby Oldenkott sub brand entry.

The Derby-England pipe logo is the closest I have seen, although the font for "Made in England" isn't quite the same as mine or even the "Derby" on that same pipe. That may well be the one.

craig61a

Lifer
Apr 29, 2017
Minnesota USA
The Derby-England pipe logo is the closest I have seen, although the font for "Made in England" isn't quite the same as mine or even the "Derby" on that same pipe. That may well be the one.
Looks like it will make a half way decent "beater" pipe...Apparently "DERBY" was a somewhat popular stamping, as it would seem a number of manufacturers stamped their pipes with that.

Reactions: JimInks

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Does either have stinger? Or a unique stem in any way?

I also attribute, maybe to much, the "Made In London" over "ENGLAND" as a probably Charatan made.
No stinger. I thought about Charatan for the same reason, but in later years, Comoy's did the same thing.