PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

BarrelProof

Lifer
Mar 29, 2020
The Last Frontier
...in this post:
I just re-read this thread after linking it to another thread about drink/tobacco combinations. I think, in light of recent events, I'm going to take your advice this evening. As someone else in this thread has stated, "Thanks for the push."

If you’ve read any of the stuff I’ve posted in the last 36 hours, you might understand why I’ve adopted a bit of a ‘life’s too short’ mentality. As such, and in conjunction with stumbling upon the thread I listed above, I decided to let it rip for another one this evening. I’m 4-5 deep in the KBS Maple Fudge expression and I just did this:

092BCABA-5012-4841-B3F1-EE4784803A43.jpeg

3D26EFAB-934C-48FF-9546-771889C90599.jpeg

FB26A361-18A2-4BC4-9A55-B139BEF4B8F8.jpeg

8F921B46-BE36-4D54-B120-C84AD3E03A9E.jpeg

I have had a bowl’s worth drying for about an hour, now, and will be reviewing it at some point this evening. I hope that, when
available, the read is worth your time!

BarrelProof

Lifer
Mar 29, 2020
The Last Frontier
Just wrapping up the last of this incredible beer while the tobacco finishes drying just a bit. Going to pour another one, grab my accoutrements, kick on whatever this fancy ventilation system we have is, and give it a whirl inside since everyone is asleep and it’s blowing 25+ outside. Could spell divorce or it could spell a new chapter in my life! Regardless, I’m gonna write about it momentarily!

BarrelProof

Lifer
Mar 29, 2020
The Last Frontier
I have a draft I’ll be working on today. Suffice to say the beer was the ultimate Victor in the three pronged battle between me, the beer, and a frog themed tobacco.

There is a silver lining, however... I smoked the bowl right here in my living room after everyone went to sleep and no one’s the wiser this morning!

I’ll tidy up this review here in a bit and post it.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Some years ago, a Forums member sent me a tall tin of Frog Morton Cellar and a nearly full package of Semois. When I thanked him, he asked me how I liked the pipe.
Huh? I went back and dug around the shipping paper and sure enough, a gorgeous Ferdown bent billiard, one of the crown jewels of my stable. And I sure enjoyed that Frog too. It had great tin art besides, the frog in his grotto with a rowboat moored at a pier outside the door. That blend had a piece of whiskey barrel stave planted in the leaf. Ah.

May 2, 2020
Louisiana
I’m not sandbagging, it’s just that (and I struggle to admit this) this blend really didn’t live up to the hype for me, at all. I want to spend a little more time with it before I post what I’ve written to make sure I truly feel like saying what I’ve said...
If you don’t like it, you don’t like it. No need to feel pressured to like it just because others do. ?‍♂️
But yeah, I like to give everything a fair shake before posting a review, too. So I get it.

FurCoat

Lifer
Sep 21, 2020
North Carolina
I’m not sandbagging, it’s just that (and I struggle to admit this) this blend really didn’t live up to the hype for me, at all. I want to spend a little more time with it before I post what I’ve written to make sure I truly feel like saying what I’ve said...
No shame there my friend...I went through the same thing with Night Cap.

boston

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 27, 2018
Boston
I find frog to be best when I'm in a chill state of mind. Seriously. If I'm stressed, which in not uncommon this year, it's not right. If I'm happy, and relaxing, ...it's the bomb. Same in any pipe for me. Weird huh?

Jar it and save for a better time maybe?

BarrelProof

Lifer
Mar 29, 2020
The Last Frontier
I find frog to be best when I'm in a chill state of mind. Seriously. If I'm stressed, which in not uncommon this year, it's not right. If I'm happy, and relaxing, ...it's the bomb. Same in any pipe for me. Weird huh?

Jar it and save for a better time maybe?

I promise I’m not flushing it down the toilet. That could have a lot to do with it, given the circumstances. Still working on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.