Aromatics in your rotation? With a dedicated pipe?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

rcstan

Lifer
Mar 7, 2012
Sunset Beach NC
menuhin
If my memory serves me right, two Planta blends were immensely enjoyable: Anno MMVII , with a Billberry flavor, and Anno MMXII, with the Marula fruit flavor, which equated to me as Chrysanthemum flowers.
Keep in mind, at least to my palate, aromatics are at their best at a slightly dry moisture level and sipped out of a pipe with a somewhat large, shallow bowl packed loosely and sipped. Puffing them wet in a Group 1 bowl, or a larger than Group 6 tightly packed, did not yield pleasant results.

voorhees

Lifer
May 30, 2012
Gonadistan
Keep in mind, at least to my palate, aromatics are at their best at a slightly dry moisture level and sipped out of a pipe with a somewhat large, shallow bowl packed loosely and sipped. Puffing them wet in a Group 1 bowl, or a larger than Group 6 tightly packed, did not yield pleasant results
+1 rcstan

captainbob

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 5, 2010
There are so many excellent aromatics from the many manufacturers. My suggestion is that you try them all and start with one company. If it does not please you, change to another company and sample their offerings, and so on. A very clean and "un-ghosted pipe" is always your best bet in sampling a new aromatic blend.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Captain Bob

ithelouniverse

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 30, 2013
West Texas
I have a Meer capped calabash and couple of cobs for aromatics. If it's a light enough aro, which to me mean I taste more tobacco than flavor, I'll put it in the pipe I've dedicated to that blend. IE: burley light without the bite goes in my regular burley pipes, mans best friend goes in my lat pipes, moontrance goes in the meer or the cob...

kwilliams40

Might Stick Around
Nov 17, 2013
NY
I prefer English blends first, then VaPer blends. Here are my favorite aromatic blends:
Boswell's Pennsylvania Dutch Treat

Boswell's Christmas Cookie

Hiland's Black Gold Plus

4noggins Bald Headed Teacher(semi-aromatic)

C&D Autumn Evening
I have a cob, and a few briars that are dedicated to the aros...

shutterbugg

Lifer
Nov 18, 2013
The only aromatic in my current use is Erik Stokkebye 1931 flake. I call it an aromatic because it has a nice aroma and is definitely cased with something, but it burns slow and cool, isn't goopy and doesn't ghost. It's also robust. Most aros are like smoking fruit-flavored air.
The only other aro I like is Bennington's #40, a vanilla black cavendish. But only as a condiment in very small quantities in other blends. I've used it successfully to salvage Royal Yacht, which I find unsmokable otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.