PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

pappymac

Lifer
Feb 26, 2015
I have a number of the C&D Christmas Blends - Corn Cob Pipe & A Button Nose, Jolly Old St. Nicholas, Golden Days of Yore - and they are all good blends.

But when it comes to seasonal blends, I have found that the ones made by Dan Tobacco or Kohlhase & Kopp to be better. This includes the Rattray's Winter or Christmas blends that are also made by Kohlhase & Kopp.

Peterson also had some good seasonal blends but I don't know if they are still produced.

Sobrbiker

Lifer
Jan 7, 2023
Casa Grande, AZ
I will say that in addition to my prior post, Sutliff SPS-22 is good, and (I hear) pretty much a PS Optimum match.
C&D John Marr is a good one too.

It’s 100*+ and monsoon-y here, so my aro urge is greatly diminished lately.
Personally I burned out quick on Lane blends and find for flavored cav types, Boswell’s are better. YMMV

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Sir Walter Raleigh original is good, but I enjoy Sir Walter Raleigh Aromatic even more, burley based with Virginia as a condiment, flavored with three liqueurs, pretty fancy for a codger tub blend.

chasing embers encouraged us all to reconsider Mixture 79, which I find enjoyable.

Lane Limited HGL won kudos from my wife, from a different room across the hall from where I smoke for its room note, and I find it tobacco forward and not over-flavored.

I have a number of aromatics unopened that I hope to enjoy. I tend toward non-aromatics first, but have re-discovered the pleasures of aromatics in the last five years or so.

Jul 17, 2017
NV
pencilandpipe.home.blog
A little different thought: deer tongue blends. Tobacco forward with an herbal, vanilla, and anise like flavor.

I haven't tried New Market or Gentleman Caller.

Crooner and Engine 382 are good and currently 20% off as bulk at SPC.
I have a tin of 2021 Gentleman Caller that I haven't had the guts to crack yet. Maybe I'll give it a shot in a cob

Old_Newby

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 1, 2022
Texas
I have been smoking about 3 years. I have tried about 20 aromatics including Cult Blood Moon and others people raved about. I just don’t like aromatics especially Lane or Sutliff blends because they have a medicinal flavored topping or casing that I don’t like. That said I have found two aromatics that I am pleased with…..

Low Country Santee
C&D Autumn Evening

I am sure there are many good ones I have not tried but I just can’t get myself to buy anymore as I dislike 95% of them.

Grangerous

Lifer
Dec 8, 2020
East Coast USA
If you’ve never tried blends such as Carter Hall or Half n Half you owe it yourself to try these and others. You just might have an awakening.

Anotherbob’s Founding Fathers has me intrigued. I will be looking further into that one. I enjoy CD Burley.

Speaking of CD.

Try Crooner. You’ll love it or not but it’s flavor rich.

Try Winchester. This one blew me away and I cellared many pounds.

I’m not an aromatic guy. But I like flavor and you may be pleasantly surprised at what you can find.