PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

herrmann

Lurker
Aug 10, 2021
I also smoke aros and like some and others not so much. I have found that when I smoke the old standbys like mix79, half&half, and others I get a sore throat the next day. Not bad , just enough to let you know it's, there. Not so with aros, like Lane, Newminster, Sutliff, and Stokabys.

JKoD

Part of the Furniture Now
May 9, 2021
IN
Aromatic does not equal taste-o-matic.

I do like a couple aromatic blends, but prefer the others with less flavoring…because they most all have some level of flavoring via casing or topping. So, aromatic is kind of a misnomer maybe? I don’t know.

I am one who thought aromatic blends would be my world. And little did I know - I would find far greater joy with other blends. Anymore - an aromatic will ruin a smoking experience for non-aros. But.. as far as aros go - the ones I can do and really enjoy, in no particular order - Sweet Killarney, Peanut Butter & Chocolate, a couple Boswell blends, Autumn Evening and Angler’s Dream. I also really liked Cult Profile… but, that’s not available anymore. And - I might have a bowl or two left from a two year old tin… so, I look at it and think - when I smoke it it’s gone. Unless someone out there had a stash of cult peofike tins they want to negotiate with? ?

realypk

Lurker
Dec 22, 2021
Virginia, USA
Ive been very similar and tend to very much prefer english blends and balkan blends. That being said i recently tried an aromatic that I actually liked the first one ever actually!!!

East India Trading Company Officers Club. That stuff is amazing and rivals my other preferences, almost like having a complex desert. I get heavy vanilla and butterscotch flavors while also still getting plenty of tabacco flavor.

I think it comes down to the type your taste may like some more than others!

That being said if anyone has other suggestions that are tasty such as officers club let me know!

Reactions: Pipespipespipes

mikecronis

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 5, 2021
I am almost a strictly aromatic connoisseur:
Try:
Boswell Pipes & Tobacco: Cherry Smash, Chocolate Creme
Sutliff: Molto Dulce (vanilla caramel), Barbados Plantation (rum), Vanilla D40, Brandy Alexander, Pistachio, Hot Chocolate, Chocolate Supreme, Irish Creme, Voodoo Queen (rum)
Mac Baren: Cherry Ambrosia, Vanilla Flake

mikecronis

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 5, 2021
I only smoke aromatics exclusively. You need to set your briars up right and not use them for English blends. Dedicate a briar to aromatics. I have one for every flavor style (ie. I have a cherry-only pipe, vanilla-only, etc.)

I started into Englishes but bought a few pipes for that, such as the Peterson Dracula 999.