PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
With aromatics, I tend to look at two characteristics. I like an aromatic to have the tobacco up front, with the non-tobacco flavoring playing up the tobacco, not the other way around. Second, I tend to like some flavorings and not others, which sounds obvious, but gets lost in all the praise and negatives on various blends. I usually like bourbon, rum, and Irish whiskey, and in the food categories vanilla, anisette, plum and some other fruit lightly used. I don't like chocolate, cherry, cocoa, mocha, and other foods as much. I like them as foods and beverages, but find they shoulder over the nuances of tobacco. This is totally subjective. Someone else would have a different list of preferences. So learning what you like helps you avoid what you don't. Small samples in bulk, when possible, is a good way to try around.

Boyce999UK

Lurker
May 17, 2020
So I’ve just received a tin of Peterson’s Summertime 2020 blend and A range of aromatics which I’ve mixed together and put in an airtight container. The stuff in the container is an xmas pudding style mix and I’ll be cellaring it for the next few months to let the flavours mingle together. Will give a review of the Peterson Summertime soon and I will do the Xmas pudding (which I’ll have about 60g of) review around November time. If anyone would like to know the blend for the Xmas pudding tobacco I’m more than happy to share

Reactions: Buckler

jdb67

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 18, 2020
Albuquerque, NM
You might try Rattrays Bagpipers Dream. You should be able to find that in the UK. A lot of people try Petersons University Flake as well. It is what I would call a light aromatic, but that berry smell is quite nice. I am finding I like to mix UF into Carter Hall for an easy, anytime smoke that still smells nice to others.

Reactions: Boyce999UK

Buckler

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 25, 2020
NSW, AUSTRALIA
Well I’ll have to get some Mac Barrens Vanilla crean since it is so heavily recommended!

Is the company from Denmark? Does anyone know? Or are they British..?

Casual

Lifer
Oct 3, 2019
NL, CA
Well I’ll have to get some Mac Barrens Vanilla crean since it is so heavily recommended!

Is the company from Denmark? Does anyone know? Or are they British..?

Mac Baren is danish. When you decide to try out non-aromatics, remember to browse their HH line, it’s exemplary!

Reactions: Buckler
Status
Not open for further replies.